12 | 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡

VALENTINA~ Game of survival by Ruelle

VALENTINA
~ Game of survival by Ruelle

Christmas arrived faster than I thought. That means that I'm on my way home, I mean "home". I didn't plan to stay there for at least 2 days, not any longer. You never know how it will end. But I still took some clothes for several days with me. You never know, and I need to pretend.

I drove up extra late today to just be there at the exact time and not any time longer. You can tell that I want to go back there. The gift from Valerian wasn't easy, but I made it exactly as I imagined.

It's already dark at 8 p.m. The Christmas party that Valerian talked about starts in time. I'm not allowed to be late either, so I already got dressed. A simple black dress. The sleeves are on the side of the shoulder, and a small cut on the left leg supports the dress.

My hair is open, and my make-up is very simple as usual. I drove into the front yard and saw several cars. A carpet was also rolled out. What is he up to now? I got out of my car and looked around. "Good evening, miss Alvarez." Katrin leaned in front of me. "Katrin stops bowing, I'm nobody important. Here, can you please drive my car into the garage, and bring my bag into my room." She nodded and took my key.

I then saw how she drove away. I picked up my dress with one hand and walked straight into the hall on the carpet. I didn't know anyone, but there was a mass of people. No sight of my family. I just stood aside and took a closer look at everything.

Many drank champagne from glasses. More men than women were estates, but also sons and daughters. Then my father start talking, he went on stage so that everyone could see him, Valerian, right next to him. He picked up his glass and hit it twice with a spoon. Like five years ago.

"Please pay attention." The hall went quiet. All faces to my father and Valerian. "Hello and welcome to our Event. It has been a long time since we all met to share this wonderful moment with our daughters and sons. Well, I think everyone knows how it works, two climb into the ring, whoever survives wins." everyone started clapping. They wanted it, they needed it.

My eyes widen, and I saw Valerian and my father leave the stage. Slowly, the people made an exact circle in the middle. He's doing it again. "You know what it is." I turned around and saw Valerian standing right behind me. "You lied."

"No, I didn't. Father said it would be a party, but not what kind of party. I thought it would be this one, but..."

"So you lied." I didn't look Valerian in the eye, I didn't even look at him. My eyes were on the circle. I can't believe he actually did this, so I could come here and watch everyone die. "Did you also lie that it has nothing to do with us? With me?"

"A bit." his tone didn't change, it stayed the same as it had been a few seconds ago. "How should I understand that?" I watched the others getting ready. "You have to go into the circle to fight." "You liar." I look at him.