06 | 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝐽𝑎𝑦𝑑𝑒𝑛

VALENTINA5 years later~ Carry you by Ruelle

VALENTINA
5 years later
~ Carry you by Ruelle

"That you could convince father, living in New York by yourself is impressive and scary at the same time," said Valerie at the same time we brought the boxes into my new apartment.

"Although you consider that I am his most hated child." We laughed. "We all are, except..." Valentin joined in. "Valerian." We all said at the same time and began to laugh.

Everything in the house has changed since Vera's death. My relationship with Valentin and Valerie improved enormously. We got closer and talked much more openly about everything. Valerian has turned away from us, he has now become father's right hand, which is even more frightening than it was before. Marcel then became a simple man from my father again, the look was worth gold when my father said it to him.

I only got missions in New York, because when Vera died, I got her missions. She usually only had missions in New York, and now I get them. It amazes me how quickly my father exchanged her. But through her, I got the chance to convince my father. Still, I need to do my work better than ever, so more missions a day.

Vera loved the city. She spoke and raved about it, "the city where night becomes day." She told me that when she will get married and runs away from our toxic family, she will live here with her husband and child. Unfortunately, that never going to happen.

She inherits each of us more than 20 million dollars. What can you say, working as an assassin for more than 10 years is worth it. I understand that now. I turned 23 two weeks ago, and I'm happy to be alive at that age.

The rules haven't changed, but the punishment has.

High treason will be punished with the dead.

Normal rule gets broken and will be punished with a lesson of several weeks in the basement.

If you are starving you are unlucky if you are dying of thirst, unlucky. All you do is survive, but now I'm out of there as the first Alvarez and maybe the last.

"Where is that supposed to go?" Valentin showed me the picture, which I asked him to hang up. I pointed my finger over the fireplace, and he nodded. After five hours of building and renovating furniture, we were done.

"I invite you both, I know a great café nearby." Immediately, the two of them jumped up from the modern, huge beige couch and came along with me.

It was winter, so I put on my slightly high black butts and my beige coat. My hair was tied in a bun. I only took my phone, car keys, and keys to my apartment.

❖❖❖

When we arrived at the café, Valentin held the door open for us, and we went inside. It was quite small but cozy, most of all in my favorite place at the back of the window. The James Café has changed a lot since my last visit. In the middle of the café was a beautiful tree, its branches were attached to the ceiling and fairy lights that hung on the branches of the tree embellished the atmosphere.