- Chapter Forty Four -

Start from the beginning

The girl shrugged. "I uh.. I'm not sure."

Suddenly another person walked into the room, grabbing their attention.

Deku walked in followed by Todoroki. Deku hugged the girl quickly. "I'm so glad you both are okay!" His attention turned to Bakugo. "How is Kacchan? Will he be okay?"

The girl nodded and hugged him back. "Yes, thankfully.. Hey, Shoto.."

Todoroki sat beside the girl and pulled her against his chest, hugging her warmly. "I was so worried about you, (Y/n)." He kissed her cheek and pulled her close again.

Her cheeks grew warm as she leaned against him. No one there knew of her new relationship with Bakugo, so this didn't phase any of them. But for her, this made her anxiety levels fly. This felt wrong. Especially with Bakugo lying right there.

She cleared her throat and stood up, brushing herself off and tying her hair up in a pony tail. "So.. I'll be back at school tomorrow." She forced a smile.

Deku smiled brightly with excitement. "Really?! That's great!"

"Yeah I have a lot of catching up to do.. could you guys help me?"

Mina stood and wrapped her arms around her. "Of course my little baby! I'll help you with anything!"

"Yeah we'll help you! No problem!" Deku exclaimed.

Todoroki stood and gave a reassuring smile. Before he could say anything, Erasure popped his head into the room. "Alright guys we're going to be heading out soon. Mina will you help (Y/n) gather her things?"

"You can leave it to me, Mr. Aizawa!"

"Good. I'll back once I sign some paperwork." And with that he left.

(Y/n) didn't have much there. Just a week's worth of clothes that she had washed at the end of every week. Erasure had packed a duffle bag of her things once she arrived at the facility and she had to make due with what he brought.

She pulled on Bakugo's hoodie to keep herself warm for when she went outside. It was the hoodie he had given her all that time ago. He was wearing it when he came to see her the day he first broke her from the trance.

Erasure came back about 15 minutes later. Everyone met him in the hallway besides (Y/n).

She stood beside Bakugo's bed. She leaned forward and pressed her lips softly against his. He didn't kiss her back obviously and this pained her even though she expected it.

"Please wake up soon.."

Little did she know, Todoroki was watching from the window of the door. He lowered his eyes and began walking down the hall. "I'll meet you in the lobby. I need some air."

(Y/n) pulled her hood up over her head and walked out into the hall. Mina wrapped her arm around the girl and squeezed her lightly. "You ready to go, babes?"

She smiled lightly. "Get me out of this place." She chuckled.

Erasure, holding her bag over his shoulder, led the group down the hall to one of the elevators and headed down. Todoroki sat in the waiting room and stood when he saw them step out of the doors.

His eyes met (Y/n)'s as she approached him. He smiled at her and held his hand out. He noticed how she hesitated before taking his hand. "Shoto.. " she squeezed his hand tightly. "I missed you so much."

He placed his hand on her back and led her outside, following the rest of the group. "I missed you too." He kissed the top of her head before holding the door open for her.

When she walked out of the building, she froze and looked up at the sky. Snowflakes fell on her cheeks as she closed her eyes.

Am I actually free? Am I finally safe?

Todoroki took her hand. "Are you okay?"

She opened her eyes and smiled at the boy. "I think so. Sorry.. it's been a while. I guess it's just hard to believe I'm actually leaving this place."

He grinned and they walked together to the car. "It's okay. You're coming home now. Everyone is waiting for you."

"Come on guys! We have a long drive ahead of us and only so much daylight!" Mina shouted as she waved at them. "(Y/n) you have to sit next to me! I have sooo much to tell you!"

The girl giggled. "Oh goody. I can't wait."

The drive was in fact long. A few hours passed. The two girls were passed out in the back, leaning on each other while Deku fell asleep leaning against the window. Todoroki sat in the passenger seat and kept his eyes on the passing trees and buildings as they got closer to the school. His mind and thoughts were all over the place.

Once they got to the dorms, it was late in the night. Erasure could see the other students of 1A looking out the windows. He sighed and got out of the car. "Todoroki, I'm going to tell your classmates to get into their rooms. (Y/n) doesn't need any extra stress right now. So just hang tight for a moment." He said this quietly before closing the door and walking inside.

He returned shortly after and woke the three students up. Because of her exhaustion and lack of sleep, (Y/n) refused to wake up, so Todoroki lifted her onto his back and carried her inside while Mina and Deku followed.

Once inside, Mina and Deku went straight to their rooms while Todoroki waited for Erasure to come inside with her bag. Then they went to her room and let themselves in.

Erasure stepped in first and set the bag down on the floor. Todoroki looked around the room. The room had been cleaned since the incident and rearranged. They didn't want to trigger any paranoia for the girl once she woke up.

Todoroki laid the girl on the bed with the help from Erasure who then covered her up with her blanket.

Erasure doubled then triple checked her window, making sure it was locked. Security measures were rapidly increased since the incident, but as a parent who had his daughter taken from him, he wanted to make sure she would be safe himself.

"Alright. Thank you, Todoroki, for your help. You may go to your room now. I will stay here tonight."

Todoroki bowed his head respectfully before leaving, saying goodnight.

Erasure groaned and ran his hands through his hair before sitting in the desk chair. The girl slept peacefully in her bed. She looked comfortable. Calm.

However, as he expected, she had a night terror. She woke up begging for Bakugo to wake up. Repeating the phrase "I didn't mean to kill you. Please forgive me!"

Luckily her night terror lasted only a few minutes and only had the one throughout the night. Still, Erasure was on edge and got little to no sleep.

"Thank God tomorrow is Saturday.." he said to himself as he leaned back in the chair.