- Chapter Twenty Three -

The next day, all of the students trained hard. Pushing themselves to the limits and then beyond that. Pushing their quirks to work harder, extending their limits.

(Y/n) trained by working on her transmutations. Using the same exact material over and over, she would see how many different things she could make with it. She even worked on making sharper blades from the minerals found in dirt.

Then, she worked on her long range attacks by seeing how far she could transmute a wall and how big she could get it. Then she'd test the strength of her walls and weapons by attempting to destroy them with her bare hands. By the end of the day, her knuckles bled and her body grew tired. Her palms stung from the amount of clapping she had to do to activate her quirk.

"(Y/n)." Erasure came up behind her holding a bottle of water. "You're getting pretty good. I've been watching your progress. But I may have a suggestion."

"Okay. Yeah. I'm all ears." She said through heavy breaths.

"Why don't you try destroying objects like you create them? "

"What do you mean?"

"Well we know you can create essentially anything given the right material. But what happens when you need to destroy it or get rid of something rather than add to it."

The girl looked at her hands. "Like. Transmutation but backwards?"

Erasure shrugged. "If that's what you want to call it. Why don't you give it a try?"

He led her over to the building and pointed to the wall. "Create a door."

"In the wall?"

"In the wall."

The girl looked at the wall, back to Erasure, then back to the wall. She rolled over her stiff shoulders and walked over to it. "Okay. Sure."

She clapped her hands together and closed her eyes, envisioning what she wanted.

A door, with hinges, and a door knob. It seems simple enough. But she surprisingly never created a door before.

She pressed her hands firmly on the wall and the warm light shined. Erasure watched carefully, the light shining longer than usual.

She kept her hands pressed to the wall as the felt the texture move and change beneath her hands. When she was satisfied, she lifted her hands and took a step back.

What used to be a blank, cement wall, now had a fully functioning door. She smiled brightly at Erasure then back at her creation. She squeezed the door knob and twisted, pulling the door open revealing the inside of the building.

She closed it and crossed her arms. "I didn't know I could do that. I mean. I guess it makes sense that I can."

"Always remember to try and think outside of the box. Keep your mind open to new ideas. Now. I want you to try and turn it back into a wall."

The girl's smile dropped into a frown. Reverse transmutation. Now that she has never tried.

"Okay.." she said hesitantly as she took her stance and clapped her hands again, pressing her hands against the door.

The light glowed just as bright as the time before. And too her surprise, when she removed her hands, the door was gone. The blank wall was back to normal.

"Very good." He patted her head before walking away. "Keep working on it. See how many doors you can make and then see how far your reverse transmutation can expand with one go. What is your range."