- Chapter One -

Some people like to imagine that right before you die images of your life flash before your eyes. Acting like a final farewell. And that you can feel your life drifting away as your body becomes soulless. They say it's peaceful.

But as someone who has died, I can truthfully tell you that is not the case. 

~~~~

Where.. am I?

I couldn't scream. I couldn't move. 

It's so dark.. I can't see. 

My throat felt as thought it were on fire and my body ached.

What happened? 

Something was pulling me down. But I couldn't stop it.

I can't breath!

Water. I was in water. No. I was under  water. Continuously sinking farther and farther down. Why couldn't I move? I knew how to swim, didn't I? I tried kicking my legs but they wouldn't move. My arms refused to budge as well. It was almost as if weights were tied by ropes to my wrists and ankles.

No. NO! How did this happen. How did I get here?!

I forced my eyes open but the water pressure from being pulled deeper into the water forced them shut. My lungs were burning, begging for air. I opened my mouth as if I could scream for help when I realized there were layers of duct tape wrapped around my mouth and head. 

I'm going to die. 

Please.. somebody. 
Help me!

~~~~

"Hey...!"  

I could hear something.. A voice. But it sounded so far away.

"What the Hell! Hey!" They shouted. A boy, maybe?

My head was pounding. My throat and lungs were on fire. 

Someone had pulled me out of the water. I could feel dry sand beneath me. A beach.
I could feel bursts of heat by my wrists and ankles. The rope was singed off. Someone was helping me. But the sun's brightness made it damn near impossible to open my eyes to look at my savior.

"Are you okay?!" The boy asked again loudly. I managed to catch a glimpse of him, but it wasn't much. 

He was practically nose to nose with me. All I could see were crimson red eyes before I had to shut my own (e/c) eyes again. My lips felt so numb. In fact my entire body felt numb and cold besides my throbbing head ache. 

"H-Help.. me.." I managed to say with a scratchy, painful voice, followed by throwing up more water. The boy immediately got up and ran. 

"Mom! There's a girl! I pulled her out-..." I could hear him telling what sounded like his mother about what happened, but my consciousness began to fade in and out again. I desperately fought to stay awake. To get help. But my vision was blurred. 

I could feel my breathing becoming more and more shallow. The last thing I heard was, "Oh my god, call the police!" And the last thing I saw was a blurry image of a boy with ash blonde hair beside me.  

~~

The sound of a beeping monitor and not so quiet chatting is what woke me up. I forced my eyes open and looked around. I was in a hospital. 

Bandages were wrapped around my wrists where the rope was tied to and I assumed the same about my ankles. IVs going from my arms to bags, up my nose, you  name it.