I did what Allesandro said, I took over the knife before wrapping my hand around it and slicing a big cut into my palm.

I let the blood drip onto the card before the knife was taken away from me by Allesandro.

"This blood symbolises your birth into our mafia family, we are one until dead. Now you may repeat what I say."

I only gave a swift nod.

"I Valentina Hernandez-"

"I Valentina Hernandez."

"-will serve for the American mafia, fight for it, live for it and die for it.-"

"will serve for the American mafia, fight for it, live for it and die for it."

"-1) I have a code of silence - I will never ran out any mafia member. Never divulge any mafia secrets, even if they were threatened by torture or death.

2) I have complete obedience to the boss - obey the boss's orders no matter what.

3) I will give my assistance - provide any necessary assistance to any other respected or befriended mafia faction.

4) I will avoid any contact with the authorities.

5) I will respect all woman, children and men the same

6) I will not kill any children unless the boss agrees on it and it is absolutely necessary.

7) I will be loyal to the members of the mafia. Not interfere with each other's interest, not be an informer...

8) I will be rational. I'll be a member of the team. Do not engage in battle if you can't win,.. the directive extends to personal life.

9) I will keep my eyes and ears open and mouth shut at all times. Don't sell anyone out.

10) I will have class and be independent."

I repeated everything he said and swore it.

Allesandro then set the blooded card on fire before passing it around and saying. "If you ever disobey the rules you will burn like your card, swear that if you ever disobey the rules you will burn like the card so will burn your soul, you will enter alive and get out dead."

"I swear that if I ever disobey the rules my flesh will burn like my card, so will my soul. I will have entered the mafia alive and come out dead." I spoke.

"Repeat after me, 'This blood means that we are now one family. I will live by gun and knife and die by gun and knife.' " Allesandro said.

Every member of the American mafia repeated what Allesandro and I said at the same time.

When the sentence ended the card was passed back too me.

The card burned itself further into my hand before I dropped it in the little chest that Allesandro said I should let it burn out in.

In our mafia's our members can stop working for us but then they need to get another ceremony to get out, but they always know it beforehand so it doesn't get mentioned in the ceremony.

Only when my card had entirely stopped burning, did everyone sheer and clap for me before the announcer called grandpa on stage.

Grandpa rushed on stage before he started talking in the microphone, he thanked everyone for coming and being allies and blah blah blah.

But dad didn't listen to what his father said, no instead he rushed towards me and grabbed my bleeding hand.

He put a handkerchief on it pressing hard to stop the bleeding making me hiss.