4 - Twenty-three

4 x 11 ~ A Promise to the Dead

__________________________________________________________________

Derek's PoV

Tonight should have been a peaceful one. The Deadpool was finished, the hunters were gone and the wolves, banshees and everything in between were safe. Everyone had returned to their lives, as if we weren't fighting for our lives a few days ago, and something I didn't think I would miss returned as well.

"Liam.... put that down," Leo muttered in his sleep, I glanced down at him as he drooled on my chest, my smile came as quickly as it left, Leo's sleep-talking, which he usually does when he was in a deep sleep and his mind wandered, "Stiles is Malia's...c-chew toy,"

I should be happy right now, but every time I tried to close my eyes and rest, an unnerving feeling crept into my chest and filled my head with voices and thoughts,

All about the demon herself, Kate Argent.

"S-Scott you n-need to.... l-leash your puppy," Leo muttered again, I rolled my eyes at the mention of Scott's name, something about the way his name rolled off Leo's tongue kept hitting a nerve, but I'm not jealous, I swear I'm not,

He moved up slightly and his nose rested against my jaw and I could feel his breathe against neck. My hand slowly drew circles on his back, his body radiated a warmth that made the bed feel like heaven. My eye started to drift shut as I left his warm drift over me...

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

The alarm went off. Leo sprung up with sleep filled eyes, I turned and looked at the alarm on the wall as it flashed red.

"Leo," I muttered, then I heard the sharp click of claws being drawn, I got out of bed and reached for the gun that sat on my bedside table,

We moved together and slowly checked the loft. There was nothing that I could see, I glanced over at Leo and saw his alpha eyes tearing through the darkness. He sniffed and nodded towards the door, so I turned and saw the shadow of someone's footsteps approaching.

 He sniffed and nodded towards the door, so I turned and saw the shadow of someone's footsteps approaching