3B - Six

3 x 18 ~ Riddled

3 x 18 ~ Riddled

_______________________________

Derek's PoV

Honestly speaking, the last thing I thought I would be doing tonight, after midnight on the coldest night of the year, is looking for Stiles Stilinski. But unfortunately, here I am.

"He's sleep walking, barefoot and in his pajamas," A tired voice spoke from behind me, "how far do you think he could get?"

"Far enough for Scott to call me in a panic," I answered him, I looked back to see a pair of red eyes glowing as they scanned the woods, he buttoned up the leather jacket I gave him and folded his arms, I noticed the tired expression on his face,

After the fiasco at the loft, with the oni, Leo and I made a promise to spend the nights together, either at his place or mine, and luckily we were at his when Scott called me. Unluckily, Leo had spent the majority of the day and evening studying so he was tired, and desperately in need of sleep, and I was annoyed at the fact that he was out here, but nothing I said or did would have stopped him from coming to look for Stiles.

"How close are you two?" I asked him, and he looked over at me, "you and Stiles,"

"I mean annoying, and loud, and chaotic, and probably the first person I'd call if I was stuck with a situation," Leo said with a shrug, "I'd call you first, then Lydia, then Scott, Allison, maybe Isaac, but I would definitely call Stiles,"

"As he done this before?" I asked as I turned back around, and jumped down a ledge,

"Sleepwalk? Not that I can remember..." Leo said as he jumped down behind me, his landing was off, but not enough to need my help, "...but this happened before, when his mom was sick,"

"What happened to his mother?" I asked him, Leo went quiet and I turned to look at him, he looked away then back to me slowly,

"She got sick... and she didn't get better," Leo said to me softly, "we were eight, when she got admitted to the hospital... my aunt Marcie got a job in the lab around that time, I remember his dad waiting hours, for the test results,"

"So if he was there, where was Stiles?" I asked him and Leo smirked at the question,

"Where do you think?" Leo asked back with a yawn, and I nodded once I understood what he was implying, "there's a reason why Stiles and Scott are inseparable,"

"I don't think I've ever had a friend who would go to the same length as Scott's going to find Stiles," I said to Leo solemnly, he stepped forward and took my hand in his,

"Derek, if something were to happen to you, everyone would come running to find a way to help you," he said to me with a soft smile, "including Scott and Stiles, I mean say to Scott, we're brothers now,"

"That is a terrible impression of me," I said shaking my head and he rolled his eyes playfully, "what about you? Would you come running?"

"I'd knock down every wall and door in this town just to find you," he said to me, I looked in eyes then down to his lips and all I wanted to do was kiss them, but now wasn't the time or place, even though I wanted too,