Chapter IX: Calm

Izuku walked out of U.A. a new man. A few broken ribs, but still a new man. The young adult was currently wearing U.A. merch; the t-shirt was blue and white and had "I <3 U.A." on the front. Extending his white stick, Izuku proceeded to walk to his favorite Izakaya, Joshī no bā.

Walking down the sidewalk, Izuku felt his ribs healing wonderfully thanks to recovery girl. "He ain't no number one hero for show, I guess," Izuku mumbled while his ribs ached from the uppercut body punch toshinori delivered.

After a few minutes of walking, Izuku finally reached the shopping district. Taking out his phone, he searched for the right corner of the screen and tapped once, "messages. Three from Foggy." The speaker from his phone sounded. Izuku doubled-tapped on the same spot, opening the messages app.

The speaker from the phone said, "Hey man, call me after the interview so we can celebrate." "Foggy sent at 3 P.M."

"Hey, izu, you still haven't called. I'm still waiting, man." "Foggy sent at 3:02 P.M." When Izuku heard his phone say that, he smiled and shook his head.

Tapping on the screen again, it read aloud, "Hey! Izu! guess what! You still haven't called! Like, come on, man. don't make me die from anticipation!" "Foggy sent at 5:27 P.M."

"He's more excited than me," Izuku chuckled, tapping the home button. The phone went back to the main screen. Izuku pressed the bottom left corner, and it read aloud, "Phone,"

Izuku adjusted the phone closer to him. He said, "Call, foggy." the phone automatically dialed, and he heard it ring once, twice, and his best friend spoke.

"Izu! Hey! I've been waiting all day, man! Where are you?"

"Hey, fog-"

"Don't you 'hey, fog.' me mister! I've been waiting for four hours, and I'm not going to wait anymore. Where are you right now?" Izuku heard. Smiling, he replied. And foggy ended the call, telling him to 'don't start without me.'

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Izuku felt the low rumbling of the foot traffic, the pedestrians walking all around him. The loud chatter of the crowd talking with one another, some he heard were talking on their phones. He smelled the petroleum coming from the asphalt the cars were driving on, the smell of rotten eggs and sulfur penetrating his nostrils due to the fumes of the traffic.

A couple of minutes came and went, and he heard the distinct heartbeat of his best friend walking-... Running towards him from a few feet away. The tired and labored breathing of Foggy Nelson was a few blocks away before he heard his voice, "IZUUUUUUU!!!!"

Smiling, Izuku braced himself, and then, after a couple of more seconds of waiting, His best friend crashed into him. After saying their greetings, foggy wrapped his arm around Izuku's shoulder, and they started to walk to their favorite place.

"Sooooo," Foggy excitedly said, shaking Izuku a little, "What happened in there, man? You gotta, tell me! Nevermind! Let's get a drink first, and let's talk there!"

Franklin "Foggy" Nelson stood at a mighty 5 foot and 10 inches tall with his briefcase held in one hand. The other still wrapped around Izuku's shoulder as they walked. Foggy's brown hair flowed along with the early evening breeze as the two walked.

The slightly rotund teen wore a navy blue suit with a white shirt underneath. Blue eyes match well with his current outfit. His white teeth shone when he laughed and smiled with his best friend, Izuku.