Chapter II: Why?

People were screaming, Shouting, Asking for help, children running, women crying, men trying to help. The firemen trying to contain the fire that is ablaze, Police trying to help calm the civilians, heroes trying their best to save whoever is trapped. People were dead on the sidewalk, severed limbs lying on the street, blood everywhere, from the window showcases to the doors of the local shops, red liquid splattered all over the place.

All this chaos started because a child tried to save a blind man crossing a street while there was an out-of-control truck barreling down. The blind man was saved, but sadly the other people that are crossing got hit when the truck tried to swerve out of the way. The truck was carrying some radioactive waste from a faraway nuclear power reactor for proper disposal in the next prefecture close to Shizuoka.

The "lucky" people that are still alive are severely hurt, some having burnt skin due to the fire that is spreading, others were crippled due to being crushed by the truck, that is why they are the "lucky" ones because some of the other people that got crushed were dead. Just plain old, dead, same goes for the driver of said truck.

But the most prominent shouts of anguish were heard from the child that saved the blind man. He is currently lying down on the street, all the chaos around him, people running around him, paramedics helping whoever they can, police trying to calm the folk, firemen trying to stop the fire that was spreading.

One child, one out-of-control truck, one blind man. All of this happened because of him, people dying on the street, because of him, people crying because they've lost a loved one, but the lonely child, that "caused" this incident was crying, screaming.

"I CAN'T SEE! IT HURTS!" Was the child's repeated words, "I CAN'T SEE! WHY CAN'T I SEE!?" He started to cry louder, shout deafeningly, sob in defeat. He kept rubbing his eyes, his eyes that were burning with excruciating pain, his eyes that got splashed by the radioactive waste.

"IZUKU! WHERE ARE YOU!?" A female voice cut through all the noise that was happening all at once, a voice the child recognize, a voice he knows well, a caring one, a voice that won't abandon him, "IZUKU! MY BABY! WHAT HAPPENED!" The voice shrieked, worry and panic clearly present, "My sweet baby boy" She sobbed, now hugging the child in a soft, caring embrace.

"MOM! I CAN'T SEE!" The child, Izuku, kept screaming, "I CAN'T SEE MOM! MOM WHY CAN'T I SEE?! IT HURTS SO MUCH!" He cried louder.

"Your kid!" shouted a man, he was the blind man who Izuku pushed away "He saved me!" cried the man in joy, he was smiling. Sadly Izuku couldn't see it, the first person that he saved.

Then everything turned a tint of red.

"HE IS THE REASON WHY THIS ACCIDENT HAPPENED!" The same man screamed, throwing his white stick at the down child. When the police heard that, they started to arrest the mother of the child. When the paramedics heard that, they started to kick the child. When the firemen heard that, they started to spray the child with water from their hoses, they started to use their fire extinguishers on him, started to cut his limbs off using the axes they have.

All that happening while the heroes watch with smiles on their faces, grinning from ear to ear, the child even heard one scream "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR TRYING TO SAVE SOMEONE, YOU QUIRKLESS BRAT!"

Suddenly the child saw the world on fire.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Izuku woke up from his dream, or nightmare if you will. He grabbed his black blindfold to tie around his green, cloudy eyes. He got out of the bed with a groan "Why am I dreaming of that day again? and what's with the unrealistic ending?"