Chapter VI: The Devil Takes Control

All around him are people. People, crying and praying for forgiveness or simply praying for their or somebody else's health. He could hear all of it.

"Please, Lord, forgive me for what I have done, for the sins that I've committed..." He heard a senior citizen whispering his sins.

"Lord Jesus, Please help my son in his trial today, he may not be a good upstanding citizen, but he is still my baby boy..." He heard a mother crying to the Lord to help her son.

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen." A kid, no older than seven, prayed his daily prayer and grabbed the hand of one of the nuns, and they escorted him back to class.

"Lord, oh, Jesus, god, whoever's listening..." He heard it. He noted the man collapsing on his knees, putting his face on the ground, and started to pray, to beg, "I, I-I don't know if I deserve forgiveness, but please. Help my sons get by without a father, I accept any punishment given to me... But please, don't let my kids suffer, help them form a path I did not journey across..." The man couldn't continue. He just started crying.

He then heard another cry, sobbing this time, "Please... Lord, I may not be a religious person, but please. Don't let my husband and my sins affect our daughter," He heard her trying to stop another sob from escaping, but the mother still kept praying, still wept her heart out.

He then heard an old lady asking God for help. He noticed teens praying for their exams. He heard it all; he caught every cry for help. And here he is, not being able to do anything about it.

The church is relatively big, with a few hundred wooden pews lined up and an altar in the very middle of the front. With Jesus nailed to a cross behind it, windows with mosaic art pieces of mother mary and angels, each beside the cross.

And Izuku is just there, right in the middle of the lane, standing there, his white stick firmly planted on the ground while he's clutching the handle to his chest.

"Izuku?" He heard a very familiar voice speak from behind him, "Father lantom" The late teen smiled, not facing the father.

"It's been a long time since you'd come here," Father lantom said. He's an old priest Izuku used to know. The senior citizen was old, not hard to see since his hair was already white and losing some on top. He's a 5'11 tall man wearing a clerical collar shirt with a coat resting on his shoulder, his face clear with some wrinkles, but he does look young for his age.

The priest was relatively plain-looking, with grey eyes looking at the crucified form of Jesus, nose belonging to a regular person, but the most distinct feature he has is his ears. He has ears like those of a rat.

"What made you come back?" He asked, walking up behind the blind teen, "You haven't visited the church since you went to America." He stated, still looking at the form of Jesus.

"I've come to confess, father," Izuku spoke, the almost 18-year-old teen not moving from his spot, "I came back because I've done a lot of things that I am not proud of, and I came back to confess, not just to you, but to the big guy up-stairs as well." Izuku turned around and gave the man a warm smile.

"I've missed you, father." He said, bowing his head to the man that raised him in the orphanage.

"We missed you too, Zuku," The man said, patting the teen on the shoulder, "Now, come, let us head to confession." He stated, walking to the side and entering a booth.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*