"Some secrets are best kept safe," Borg replied with a smile.

Wu frowns in confusion, as he noticed only two ninja. "Lloyd, Lacey. Where are the other ninja?" He questioned.
"I asked for all of you to take part in this test,"

Lloyd splutters, glancing at Lacey with a small panicked look. "Uh, they, uh, they really wanted to be here, but they, uh...all had other plans...." he trailed off with a frown marring his face.

Lacey let out a depressed sigh, bending down and scooping up Emerald in her arms before trailing behind them. She smiled at the baby kitten.

"I understand perfectly well." Borg said sadly, "The loss of Zane has affected us all. I haven't even heard word from my assistant Pixal since his memorial. It's heartbreaking,"

"If we dwell too long on what's missing, we fail to see what can be gained." Wu states shaking his head. "The absence of Zane will either tear you six apart or bring you closer together. The choice is yours,"

"Well, it's not bringing us together, that's for sure." Lacey muttered under her breath. Jay had started a T.V show while Cole and Kai had completely disappeared, atleast the hothead called in to check up on his sister every once in a while.

"I'll do what I can, but it won't be easy." Lloyd said nodding before shaking his head.

"The greatest lessons never are," Wu told them.

Lacey only shook her head, muttering under her breath.

........

Jay walks onto a stage, dressed in a pretty blue suit, holding a microphone.

"Most Ultimate Extreme Ninja Challenge Ever!"

Jay laughs, winking at the audience.
"I'm Jay, Ninjago's most lovable ninja, here before the Gauntlet of Humility to see who will be Ninjago's next hero, and whose dreams will be gone, in a flash!"

He uses his Lightning to reach a platform. "I'm here with Cathy, tireless mother of four, pillar of the PTA, and returning contestant. Tell me, Cathy, after being humbled by the Gauntlet the first time, what makes you think this'll be any different?" He questions.

"Because ninja never quit!" She exclaims.

Jay laughs. "Okay, Cathy. Start the doomsday clock!"

Cathy makes it across the obstacle course, but falls. "Heh, I got farther than last time!"

After the show, Jay made it back to his dressing room. "Ninja never quit, huh, Zane?" He asks, staring at the picture of him, Kai, Cole, Zane, Lloyd and Lacey. His eyes sadness and longing, he let's out a sigh.

"The team needs you now more than ever."

Jay turns around and, after seeing Lloyd, gasps. "How did you get in here?"

Lloyd chuckled. "I'm a ninja, and you are wearing makeup." He points with a small smirk.

Jay scoffs. "Hey, hey, hey, hey. It's concealer, a time-honored tool of the ninja." He shakes his head. "And what do you mean 'team?' I refuse to fight beside Cole. There's nothing you can say that will get me back with that girl-stealing, black-hearted, rock-pounding—"