Chapter 2. "Daytime"

Gingerbrave POV

I was walking along the path to the city centre to go help other cookies! But I remembered some cookies still celebrate Halloween with putting witch and ect decorations everywhere so I wanted to avoid that, not that I hated halloween it's just I don't like witches for...
Reasons...

I went to sparkling cookies bar to say hi and help him with stuff so when I opened the door sparkling greeted me saying "Hello gingerbrave!" "Hi sparkling!" I replied

"Why are you covering your eye?." Sparkling asked "I walked into a door when I got up" I lied to sparkling. He wasn't as good at knowing when kids are lying as the other father/mother figures as the rest are so he believed me.

"Do you need help?" I asked him "Oh yes I actually need some help- Can you give this to herb and tell him it's from me?" Answered Sparkling. "Okay!" I said and took the box from him.

as I left I saw devil cookie planning some pranks to do when it's Halloween. I shivered at memories of the pranks from last year as I remembered the time my entire house had traps EVERYWHERE from my bedroom to my secret garden I don't wanna know how he found my garden anyway.

When I got to herbs home I left sparkling's gift and knocked at the door before running away as fast as possible.

When I walked into the town centre again I felt sad again because of being the most "weak" cookie there as I had zero powers and a damaged leg so I couldn't do much, I always say that the cane is only for self defence but it was because my leg crumbled when I escaped the witch's house.

Thankfully I got it healed by wizard cookie when he tried to use healing magic, it worked mostly but now I have pain when fully running, So I am not one of the fastest cookies anymore.

"H- h- hi g- g- g- ginger!" strawberry cookie said behind me, and scared the living heck out of me "Oh hi strawberry!" I said before strawberry put an eyepatch on my eye to cover the red eye I was covering "T- th- there y- y- ou g- g- go I- I- heard a- a- a-about y- your i- injury" she said quietly "Thanks!" I said before running to my house.

It took awhile to get home since it was on a small hill but when I got home I entered my garden that only a few know about. I go to the garden when I feel overwhelmed and I vent my emotions from a scale from gardening to screaming all my emotions out. I got my watering can and filled it with water before watering the plants and flowers.

I left the garden and went to the forest with no one knowing and climbed onto the tallest tree and saw the view, A bright orange sunset soaking all that I could see it was beautiful to look at. 'I'll never get tired of this view' I thought to myself before realizing something...

...I was free...

"...You won't be free for long..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<<Word count: 538>>