His movements were so careful and thorough that Jin Wang couldn't help but laugh. "Tend to yourself and eat. I'm not as weak as you think."

Ignoring him, Ye Shu scooped up another spoonful of soup and blew it out to cool, and then fed it to Jin Wang.

He didn't believe a word this man said.

This was the first time he had seen Jin Wang looking so weak.

At the time the carriage reached the palace, Jin Wang was covered in blood, and his face was whiter than the snow on the eaves, with not a trace of blood.

Just remembering that his appearance could be attributed to himself, Ye Shu's heartache so much he could barely breathe.

Jin Wang asked again, "How did those assassins fare?"

Ye Shu paused in his movements and lowered his eyes. "Didn't the guards come back to report to you?"

"They did," Jin Wang chuckled. "They said your tactics were excellent, and after a little interrogation, you made those people confess the truth."

"Such an exaggeration." Ye Shu shook his head and said, "I have confirmed that those people are not remaining confederates of Minister Ye."

Ye Shu was, after all, still nominally the Minister of the Left.

It might not be so easy to find out the whys and wherefores of those people, but it was not so difficult to find out if they were affiliated with the original owner.

He merely asked a few questions, and those people made numerous errors that led them to admit that they only intended to use the name of Minister Ye to absolve the real employers.

Just who the real employers in question were, however, was currently unknown.

If it were in the past, Ye Shu would have been happy to be cleared of suspicion over the assassination, but today he was somewhat disappointed.

Another potential clue about the original owner had been lost.

Jin Wang naturally knew what he was thinking, and did not mention the matter. He changed the subject, saying, "Those assassins are well-trained. Most of them are killers who made their living this way in the Jianghu. Such people would never easily betray their employers. It might be easy to find out their weak points, but I'm afraid it'll be hard to pry their mouths open."

"......It won't be that hard actually," Ye Shu said in a low voice.

He looked up to Jin Wang and added, "Give me three more days, and I will get to the bottom of this matter."

Jin Wang, "A-Shu, you don't have to......"

Ye Shu interrupted, "You've already given me your token. There's nothing you can do even if you don't agree. I will most definitely check."

"......"

After a moment of silence, Jin Wang suddenly laughed. "Fool. I have already said it, you are not to blame for what happened today."

Ye Shu was startled, his lips lightly pursed.

Jin Wang raised his uninjured hand and touched the other party's cheek. "I was injured for you, and you feel bad about it, so you want to find out the truth for me, do you not?"

"But to me, those things are far less important than you," Jin Wang said. "A-Shu, in my heart, everything combined is not as important as your safety."

He spoke with such emotion that he made a move to straighten up and hug the man in front of him, when his face stiffened as it implicated his wound.