Chapter 29

Ye Shu gazed at those handsome eyes that were in close proximity and momentarily fell into a trance.

Did he really feel sorry?

Ye Shu himself couldn't tell. No doubt, he detested this man so much, but why was it that when he saw him get hurt for him, his heart felt as if it was......too hard to bear?

After piping down, Ye Shu finally figured out why Chang Yuan acted that way then. And he could see that Jin Wang had already also figured it out based on his reaction earlier.

The more he thought about it, the more discomfort he felt. Was this man a fool? Why did he have to block it for him?

"......Fool," Ye Shu mumbled.

Jin Wang didn't hear him clearly. "What did you say?"

"I said who would feel sorry for you," Ye Shu took away his hand and tilted his head to one side. "What kind of reaction was that? Who would fall for such a foolish ploy."

Chang Yuan who was crouching on the ground and wiping the blood not far away. "......"

Jin Wang laughed faintly, and the heavy atmosphere in the room seemed to dissipate from the sound of this laugh.

Jin Wang reached out and pulled him up. "Right. You fell for such a foolish ploy and even almost cried in fear. What were you thinking?"

Ye Shu, "......"

Hu-mi-li-a-ting.

Ye Shu stressed, "That was because I felt sick at the sight of blood."

Jin Wang wiped the tear trails on the outer corners of his eyes with his fingertips, and he nodded cooperatively, "Hmn, if you say so, Gu will believe you."

"......" Ye Shu was too pissed to speak.

He got up to leave, but was caught by Jin Wang, who swept away the various bits and bobs on the table and placed him there. Both of Jin Wang's hands naturally propped themselves on the table ledge, trapping him between his arms.

Jin Wang gazed at Ye Shu's eyes, which were still a little watery, and said in a low voice, "A-Shu, Gu is very happy."

Ye Shu's eyes twitched.

"You no longer collude with others and no longer make your own plans to escape. This is one reason." Jin Wang's voice was so gentle. It seemed as if there was a tiny hammer gently tapping Ye Shu's heart. "You can't bear to see Gu hurt. You don't want to hurt Gu. This is the second."

Jin Wang caressed the back of Ye Shu's hand, covered it with his, gently clasped it, and repeated, "A-Shu, I am very happy."

He said 'I.' Ye Shu couldn't bear Jin Wang talking to him in such a tone. He looked down at their clasped hands, his heart feeling so sour and soft that he almost threw his shield and armour away in defeat.

Ye Shu turned his head, not daring to look at him, and muttered, "You're happy even when you're wounded, does it not hurt anymore?"

"It hurts," Jin Wang said in a tiny voice with a smile in his eyes. "It really hurts."

Ye Shu's gaze fell on Jin Wang's forearm. He hadn't dressed it well indeed; the bandage was tangled up in a mess, the bleeding hadn't completely stopped, and the plain white gauze was oozing with spots of blood.

Ye Shu suddenly felt somewhat dizzy again. He hurriedly grabbed Jin Wang's hand and said, "It's better to call the imperial physician here to check, you......"

"No need," Jin Wang came up to Ye Shu's ear, his voice sounded low and soft, "It won't hurt anymore if you kiss me."

"......"