Chapter 47

Jin Wang's eyes blazed. The way the corner of his mouth curved was just exquisite.

Even at such a time, he still carried himself with the calmness and verve of a man in control of the whole situation, an inborn aura that only came from being in a powerful position for years on end.

As if someone had snatched away his ability to speak, Ye Shu's lips trembled lightly, unable to utter a single word.

He didn't know how to answer.

Confronted with Jin Wang's interrogation, he couldn't deny it, nor did he have the courage to lie.

There probably will never be a more messy moment in Ye Shu's life than today. Perhaps it was because he was really too slow when it came to such things, or perhaps because he had never dared or wished to think about them.

He was not part of this world. He even took advantage of feelings that were not intended for him, of the man in front of him.

He was the least entitled to consider these things.

Ye Shu had always had a somewhat evasive mindset towards this world; that as long as he didn't get attached to anyone or anything and only regarded this place as a world in a book, he could do anything to survive.

He could deceive with countless lies, or he could extricate himself at any time.

Because once he began to sink into it, everything would take a different turn.

Therefore, he told himself over and over again not to care, not to take things seriously, that everything that happened here was nothing but fiction.

Until today. Jin Wang laid bare all the thoughts he was unwilling to face and afraid to think about.

"If you hadn't told me about the matter tonight, I would have been willing to wait a little longer," Jin Wang pinched Ye Shu's cheek, and chuckled, "I've never seen you act like this before. What do you take me, the imperial prerogative, for? An easy source of solace?"

"O-Of course not!" Ye Shu pursed his lips. "I......"

His voice was hoarse, and swallowed back the words on the tip of his tongue.

Jin Wang stopped pressuring him. He straightened up and waited there quietly.

Ye Shu took a deep breath and quietly said, "I want......want to think about it for a few more days."

Jin Wang's eyes flickered slightly. Ye Shu promptly added, "Just a few days will do and I will give you an answer. So much has transpired tonight. I'm...... I'm awfully confused, I don't know......"

"It's okay," Jin Wang rubbed Ye Shu's hair soothingly. "If it's confusing to think about it now, then think about it tomorrow. Take as much time as you want. A-Shu, it's okay, don't push yourself."

The rims of Ye Shu's eyes grew warm. He covered them up by lowering his head and burying it into Jin Wang's embrace. "......Why are you suddenly being so nice?"

Jin Wang paused.

Ye Shu, with a muffled voice, "You should be like the way you were before. The way you are now, I......"

Ye Shu's voice choked slightly as he clutched on the other's sleeve.

"If I wasn't this nice, you would have scolded me again," Jin Wang stroked his hair lightly. "And besides that, what if you ran away again if I was not so?"

Jin Wang pulled the quilt to wrap the man in his embrace tightly and whispered in his ear, "I sort of lied to you earlier, I was actually worried."