Chapter 9

Ye Shu didn't respond.

"Minister Ye, that dog emperor has a deep-seated hatred for you. You're not going soft on him, are you?" Mu Jiuqing said.

"I......" Ye Shu looked down.

Of course, he's not going all soft.

There was no distinction between noble and lowly human lives; just as he hadn't been willing to harm others' lives in order to save his own, now he wasn't willing to harm Jin Wang in order to escape.

The notion of taking people's life arbitrarily was just beyond acceptable to him.

But he didn't need to tell Mu Jiuqing this.

Mu Jiuqing was a spy from an enemy state, and his relationship with the original owner was only of cooperation: 'give and take what they both need', thus he should take this matter with a grain of salt.

"How could I be soft on that dog emperor," Ye Shu said in a faint tone. "It's just that...he is heavily guarded, and I don't know wushu. This game is already as good as lost. In what way can I help you kill him?"

"Mu Gongzi, I can give you far more than you can imagine; far more than killing."

What he said wasn't false.

In the book, Western Xia was exterminated first, and then, Great Yan capitulated. Looking back, it had only been a year or two since Jin Wang instigated the war.

Jin Wang was a military prodigy; he was extremely adept at setting up battle positions and conducting his troops, while Western Xia was flatly lacking a military adviser who understood military defenses.

Only Ye Shu could undertake this role.

Long before coming here, Ye Shu had already thought of all this.

Mu Jiuqing, however, said, "Who says I need you to do it yourself?"

Ye Shu, "......"

"You have a close relationship with the emperor of Changlu. I want you to keep him in the capital tonight and think of a way to render him unconscious, so that I, naturally, would be able to kill him."

Ye Shu, ".................."

Are people in this book crackbrained ba???

Not even batting an eye at information served to them on a silver platter???

Ye Shu's expression looked like he was falling apart, and he lightly coughed. "Mu Gongzi, we might as well discuss it again..."

"No need," Mu Jiuqing placed an exquisite jade bottle on a table. "Just do as I say. As long as the emperor of Changlu doesn't return to the palace tonight, I will definitely be able to get my hands on him."

A moment later, Ye Shu walked out of the lane with a litter of kittens in his arms.

There was a carriage parked at the end of the lane, and a young man dressed in black was reclining against the carriage, with eyes closed in repose.

He raised his head at the sound of footsteps.

The dappled sunlight streaming through the treetops onto the side of his face seemed to coat him with a light layer of gold, lending a certain gentleness to his features.

Ye Shu halted as he met his gaze.

"All done?" Jin Wang asked.

Ye Shu then walked forward and replied, "Look, they're so small ah..."