Home, sweet home.

Now, He could have simply teleported inside, but he preferred to knock, because knocking meant that the person on the other side would have to open the door. And opening the door meant that Charon could be greeted by the most beautiful sight in the whole world.

As if in sync with his thoughts, the door opened and Charon felt his heart skip a beat at the sight.

Standing before him was a gorgeous specimen of a male, made up of thick corded muscles and long muscular legs. Celestial blue eyes graced him with a look and automatically, that handsome face broke into a big smile, his eyes squinted and bright, making Charon smile.

There it was. The most beautiful sight in the world. His smiling husband.

His Alexion.

"I am back." Charon declared softly, and Alexion laughed, pulling him closer to himself, and caging Charon in his arms, securing him with a tight grip, as if to prevent him from leaving again.

"Welcome home." Alexion said with a smile, and hugged him gently. His face finding the crook of Charon's neck and nuzzling there, making Charon laugh at the tickling sensation and hug his husband back tightly.

"Missed me too much?" Charon asked teasingly and only received a bite on his neck in response, making him squeak. A voice so uncharacteristic of the all powerful primordial god, that Alexion moved away from his neck and stared at Charon's face which was now flushed to a beautiful shade of pink, in embarrassment.

"Now that's exactly what I missed. My precious husband and his beet- red face." Alexion said, laughing softly and placing a kiss on Charon's cheek, causing more heat to rush through his face. Charon groaned and let his head fall on Alexion's chest, trying to hide his face there while the latter smiled and hugged him, his chin resting on Charon's head and both their eyes closed in bliss.

They broke apart a few moments later, with their hearts warm and their faces lit with happiness. Before they could say anything, the sound of a timer going off stole their attention and Alexion cursed at that. He took Charon's hand and dragged him, sprinting all the way to the kitchen.

"Alexi-" before he could even finish his exclamation at the unexpected running saga, which he definitely did not sign up for, he realised that they had already reached the kitchen and Alexion had let go of his hand. The latter quickly left his side to go open the microwave, which had made the beep.

As Alexion dealt with the almost kitchen mishap, Charon's eyes fell to the sight before him.

The little dining table they had was now covered with a fancy tablecloth, and decorating it was a number of candles and roses kept in the centre. Surrounding them were numerous dishes, and a bottle of wine with glasses. All other lights were suddenly dimmed so the place illuminated beautifully from the gentle glow of the candles.

A candle light dinner.

Charon had only read about those in books and to think that today, he was not only seeing it but experiencing it first hand was surreal. Breaking him out of his awe was the picture of his husband, holding a tiny cake in his hand, walking over to the table with a smile on his face.

He kept the cake on the table and came over to Charon's side holding out his hand in front of him, while bowing a little as if asking for his hand for a royal dinner.

"What are you-"

"Ah ah, no talking. Just give me your hand." Alexion chastised dramatically, making Charon laugh softly. He extended his hand and placed it over Alexion's, who beamed up at him and kissed his knuckles charmingly, while maintaining eye contact with Charon.