Love

Pairing: CharonXAlexion

The door opened with a click and loud, confident footsteps echoed as Blaine entered his house, with Charon in tow. The two of them holding multiple bags of grocery items and other important things that Blaine shopped for and Charon thanked the source that they finally reached home.

"You shouldn't have stopped me from punching that asshole. That would teach him not to be a greedy bitch." Blaine complained, while dumping the bags on the couch not so gently, and Charon sighed.

Now this was precisely the reason why Charon was joyous that they made it back home.

Blaine was a beautiful fae with a dazzling soul and a heart of gold. He was kind when it came to his family, and extremely protective over them. He would kill for them, if he had to.

He was strong and outspoken, everything Charon admired and respected. After decades of being friends with each other, he could safely admit that he loved Blaine.

Blaine was not only his brother in law but one of his best friends and he was extremely grateful for that. However, As amazing as he was, Blaine still had quite a lot of things he had to work on about himself, one of them being his mild temper.

A headstrong personality with a short fuse, armoured with sarcasm as his shield, he was a force to be reckoned with.

And hence, it shouldn't have come as a surprise to Charon when Blaine got into an argument with some shopkeeper at the market, who was charging more than what he should have been. Their confrontation soon turned into an argument and before it could escalate further, Charon pulled Blaine back and teleported back home.

The prince of Hades sighed with relief when they came back, a polar contrast to Blaine who looked visibly pissed at the incident.

"It's okay. Perhaps he needed the extra money?" Charon said gently while Blaine opened the door with a huff. His attempt of trying to calm his friend was obviously not working, as he saw Blaine walk up to the kitchen with his lips pressed into a thin line and heavy steps, a perfect indication of his anger.

"Yeah right. All I could get from his emotions was greed. He is a rich bitch who just wants to loot off his customers." He replied dryly, and took a glass, filling it with water. He guped it down in one go and offered another glass to Charon, who thanked him silently and drank it, while sitting on the one of the chairs of the dining table, after keeping the shopping bags on the table.

Charon raked his brain to think of something else that could help him when he remembered an excerpt from an article he read months ago.

When your child is being difficult, you should try to distract them so their focus can be shifted to something else.

The lines reverberated in his mind as he cleared his throat, drawing Blaine's attention.

"Did we get everything you needed? The toy that Thirteen wanted?" Charon asked, trying to divert Blaine's attention, hoping that the article was right. And he mentally rejoiced when he saw that Blaine brightened at the question, immediately forgetting about the previous incident.

"Yeah we managed to get it all." Blaine replied happily and reached for one of the bags on the table, retrieving a little toy dolphin from inside, and showing it to Charon who smiled. They both knew Thirteen would be ecstatic to see his gift.

Thirteen was a little bubble of happiness and everyone adored him. He was a tiny kid who was fascinated with the sea and all the aquatic animals. So his parents, Akin and Hannibal, the rulers of Atlantis, made sure to fill his room with an ocean of toys and posters and plushies, making the little artificial overjoyed.