25. mistakes made

Start from the beginning

He laughed. "Yeah, it was just the four of us that came." He pointed over at the two guys sitting together, including Jungkook.

"What about the others? Did they not wanna tag along with you guys?" Devora asked, keeping the conversation going for as long as possible.

"Ahh, well they were already busy with some work, and we were the only ones who just decided to ditch it and come over here for some drink."

"That's the same reason why we came, too!" She directed towards Boseong. "Jin, this is Boseong, he's my co-worker. Boseong, this is Jin. You know of him, right?"

"Of course, you guys come over to Mr. Jung's office very often." He smiled at Jin.

"Oh, you're the one that sits across from Devora, aren't you?" He was gracious and welcoming, and had his memory locked flawlessly.

"Alright then, it was nice seeing you and getting to talk again!" Jungkook's friend — Janet — dismissed herself from their lengthy reunion.

She embraced him tightly, imperceptibly stunning him — hugging her back with the same amount of squeezing.

He took the seat that he had offered to Janet once she left, sitting beside Jimin.

"Where'd Jin go?" He questioned, only seeing Taehyung.

Jimin stayed quiet, drinking his beverage. "Over there, with Devora."

"Oh, that's nice." Jungkook replied, absentminded.

He wasn't completely listening to what Jimin had to say, still processing his last conversations.

But, once his mind grasped Jimin's words, his head shot up from the empty table below his arms, turning back to his friend.

"Wait, what do you mean with Devora?" His speech was imbued with panic. "She's here? Since when?" His eyes trickled against all the faces that were at the bar, hunting for Devora.

"She's been here the entire time we have."

His eyes established on her figure from a distance.

She was entangled with another male that stood beside her, Jin standing in front of them with a smile on his seraphic face.

His eyes narrowed in utter confusion, wondering who that guy was, and why he looked so familiar. Why his arm was shrouded over Devora's waist, and why they were standing so close.

Seeing her there, with a spirited halo floating over her body reminded him how much he missed her.

He hasn't forgotten about her, she was all he thought about.

Wondering if he made the right decision by doing what he did, wondering if she had already given up on their friendship.

The fracture in his chest scorched at the edges, laying his hand on his chest to massage the wounded area.

Something compelled him to go up to her, and finally resolve things. Yet, the thought of her pushing him away stopped him from doing so.

He was conflicted with his emotions, as well as with his decisions.

Jungkook shook his head with disdain, watching Jin excuse himself from their conversation, heading back to the group.

He watched vigilantly from afar. Three more girls joined Devora's small group. Each of them pulled her into the crowded dancefloor, forcing her to dance with them.

Her cheeks were flushed with crimson red, her smile glowing under the blinking lights.

Jungkook felt his heart pint against his chest like an overworked hammer, stomach inflamed.

She looked so happy.

The sight was ineffably blissful.

She deserved nothing but prosperity, and that's all Jungkook wished for her.

So, if that's all he ever wanted for her, then why was his tongue poisoned with such a bitter taste?

Why was his chest so sore, and why were his hands brewed with perspiration?

"Are you okay?" Jimin was by Jungkook's side, as always.

He threw away his self-indulgent train of thought.

"Yeah, I'm good." An appreciative look shaded on his countenance.

"We can leave if you don't want to be here anymore, you know?" Jimin's voice was honeyed with diligence and concern, looking out for his friend.

Jungkook was thankful that Jimin was the way he was.

He was the only one that could sense his change in emotion. He was the only one who knew just how much Devora meant to him.

"It's okay, really. I'm okay." He lied. "I don't want to rush Jin and Taehyung, it looks like they're having a lot of fun."

Jimin left it alone, it was better not to push Jungkook or try and influence him on his emotions.

"I'll order you a drink." He insisted.

"Sure, thank you, hyung."

His mind went back to searching for Devora on the dancefloor, unable to see her with all the individuals that were jammed on the platform.

Jungkook reproached, his haggard mind racing with dubious thoughts.

'I made a mistake.'

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚