Deserving.

Chapter Eleven.

I started the scene after makeup, I sat on the set, it was dark and candlelit in the area, I could see the camera and everyone prepping while I sat with their pen in hand. They held the clapper up and I looked at them. "You ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Alright, Talking scene, take one! Action!" He clapped it down and I looked down, now taking on the character I was supposed to be playing, I sighed.

"The war started 4 years ago today. Father was called out of retirement to become the Colonel of the military base we reside in, in Italy, training the young American men who will fight for our freedom from Nazi Germany. They all arrive tonight, at the new base, it's silent for now, but the rowdy men of America will not let it last. It pains me to be here away from home, but I would choose this over being in France with the man my father wishes me to mary, Mr. Francois." I tsked and closed the book, standing up.

"Cut! That was perfect. Now the none talking scene, we'll play back your narration so we know when to continue." The director said and I nodded, I sat down, moved the chair back on the markers, opened the book, and this time I would be writing it.

"Non-talking scene, Take one! Action!" He yelled, I heard my voice being as I started writing, making an expression of focus and as it came to the end of my sentence I again tsked and stood, this time carrying on the scene.

"I despise being here," I said as I reached over grabbed the candle and walked beside the bed. I heard a knock and turned, seeing the fake door open, and my character's father walked in, played by Donald Sutherland.

"You 'ought to be getting to bed young lady." He crossed his arms. "I had this place be made for you, so you better be grateful!" He laughed.

"I am Papa." I sat on the bed. "It's just dark and..."

"Not home? I know." He walked over and took the candle and placed it next to the bed, on the side table, I slid under the covers and he leaned over me and kissed my head. "But tomorrow we've got work to do." He leaned to the candle and blew it out.

"Cut!" The director yelled and I sat up getting out of the bed, I ran over to Steve who was watching before I could say anything he hummed.

"You're good at that." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I pushed my arms together. "So next is scene two, which is Robs, I should go change," I said and walked away, he followed closely, I ran cause it was kinda chilly due to it being fall. I ran up and into it and grabbed a robe in there, he laid on the couch and I walked over, moving and sitting on him, I grunted.

"Wow, you're getting bold." He said and I laughed.

"As are you, laying on my furniture." I giggled moving to lay on his chest, he chuckled and put his arm on my back. "You're a bed. So wide." I moved and my legs slipped around his hips, my hands moving along his shoulders, he looked up at me, I bit my lip and dropped myself onto him, making him grunt, I hid in his chest, feeling my chest tighten, I suddenly felt like my lungs shrivelled up, I patted his chest. "Up-" he helped me up and I started hyperventilating, I couldn't understand what caused this sudden panic that filled my body, his hands touching me, I turned to grab his wrists, pushing them away, he saw this, and his eyes read something, like a realization, but as I moved away he grabbed my wrists and pulled me to him, holding me to him.

"Breathe with me." He whispered and I took a breath as he did, I could hear his heartbeat, I closed my eyes, thinking of how different he was, Steve was so gentle, and caring, but I didn't deserve it, I don't deserve it.