Chapter 23 - Friendly Friends

Start from the beginning

"I was supposed to bring Dark Enchantress a large piece of an army, and 4 dozen servants by tonight." He said, which obviously wasnt going to happen. He seemed to be nervous about it. Now you both would be hunted, and your capture would have dire consequences.

He did his best to make sure that you didnt know, even if it was written all over his face.

Once he got the cart started, he followed behind it. Every few moments, he'd jump to the side of the path and grab something, before getting back on the path with his hands behind his back. You watched as he did so, confused as to what in the world he was doing.

Then he ran foward and jumped into the carrier, being careful to not squish what he was holding. Still held behind his back, he began to explain, "Im not sure if this will help, but when I was younger, this is what Dark Enchantress would do to make me feel better when I was upset." He pulled out a bunch of picked flowers, mostly small ones, and a comb. He motioned for you to come closer, which you did.

He sat behind you and started to fluff up your hair with the comb, before placing flowers in. He made sure they were placed in a way that would allow them to stay on for as long as possible.

If you werent still sour about yesterday, you kinda had to admit, this was relaxing. He was gentle, and made sure not to tug on your hair too roughly, and worked slowly enough to make the experience last longer. The flowers were all sorts of colors, and he mixed then together to get a wider variety.

"Anddd.. There! The flowers compliment your face greatly." He said happily. That was an odd thing to say.

You hummed a response, before pointing to the extras. "Do you want me to put some in your hair too?" you say softly, scooping them up into your lap, and turning around to face him. He looked confused, like he wasnt really planning on that, but still turned around for you anyways. You sat up a little more and started to fluff up his hair, like he did to yours. Then you weaved the stems of the flowers into his hair, making sure the flower itsself was still visible.

Once you finished, you leaned back to admire your work. Not to bad, if you do say so yourself. He obviously couldnt see his own hair, not without pulling it foward and possibly messing it up, but you couldn't see yours either, it was fair.

"You look pretty with flowers, a lot less evil." you said with a smirk, he just smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Hey, after this, maybe I can take you to this one place. They serve the best jelly rolls you've ever tasted, and they have this cute little dock area with the prettiest of flowers. I can place those ones in your hair too." He lit up as he explained this place to you. You felt a smile creep up onto your face.

"Yeah, as long as I can take you to this one Cafe, I had one near my aunts house, but I saw another one just like it in the Kingdom. I mean... we might need a disguise for you though. We are obviously very good at disguises." You joked as you motioned to the attire you still had on.

He nodded enthusiastically, before staring intensely at your clothing.

"Hey, its a little dirty after yesterdays fiasco, but, it would be a shame to let that f/a go to waste." He also motioned to the attire. He pointed both his legs out the carrier, and hopped out.

"Could I have this dance, dear Y/n?" He curtsied, before offering his hand for you to grab. Almost by instinct, you set your hand in his, and he swpet you out of the carrier. It was pretty obvious that he didnt know how to dance, but he seemed to like to spin you around. Every few moments, he made sure to side step, to keep up with the carrier and not get left behind.

Both of you were giggling, like you were teenagers at a school dance, just messing around. It just felt right, and you couldnt explain why. Even when you messed up a move, when he stepped on you be accident, or when you tried to spin him around, and he got stuck, since he was taller than you, it felt like it didnt matter.

With one last spin, it ended with a dip, and both of you were breathing heavily. It wasnt necessarily easy trying to dance and run after a cart. It felt as if you two were stopped in time- and in the middle of the path. The world around you melted away, and it was just you two staring into eachothers eyes. He smiled, before whispering, "You look funny from this angle."

You smiled, and whispered back, "So you do."

He pulled you back up so that you were on your two feet again, before pulling you along chasing after the cart, which was way farther away than you guys thought. When you caught up, he went to jump into the carrier, but you blocked him and tried to get in first. Then he grabbed you and pulled you back out, trying to push past you, both of you laughing while doing so. Eventually, you both piled into the carrier, still playfully fighting with eachother.

"Y/n, you know what your kingdom buddies would say if they saw you messing with the enemy?" Red Velvet suddenly said, pinning you down against the floor of the carrier. He leaned in real close, like last time, staring at your lips.

You laughed, before wrapping your legs around his, and flipping you two around, so that you were pinning him down. "And what would your fellow partners say about YOU messing with the enemy, hmm?" He just stared back in shock, his faced tinted a darker red than normal.

"Thats what I thought."  You said, very proud of yourself for doing that. You let him get back up, but he was still silent.

You looked outside, and noticed the shadows growing longer. The sun was starting to set again, wasnt it just morning? Time does fly when you having fun.

Having fun? With Red Velvet? Impossible. You looked over at him, he was still blushing, with dirt covered pants and flowers half hazerdly stuck in his hair. It was a weird sight to see, he wasnt some scary monster who could beat you down with his sword anymore. He was just Red Velvet Cookie.

"Guess we are equal now, hmm?" He said softly, pointing outside. He meant the orders from Dark Enchantress. You had forgotten about that.

Scratch that, you had forgotten about everything. Red Velvet made you forget about the situation at hand, about all of yesterdays events, hell he even made you forget where you were headed. He actually managed that, wow.

"Dont worry, I promise she wont hurt you. We can always make up a story as to why your so late, maybe we can tell her that I captured you." You said, rubbing his back, trying to cheer him up. He did all this to cheer you up, it was the least you could do.

He chuckled, "You? Capture me? Yeah sureee." He teased you, leaning back against the wall. You leaned back with him, not responding to what he said. You had something on your mind.

"Hey, after this, I wouldn't mind being friends." You say, turning to look him in the eyes. The consequences this may have werent coming to your mind, you could only think about today, and today only. "Or Friends with benefits." You teased back, reminding him of the screw up he made.

He scoffed, "How rude, and I thought you were actually being nice for once." He said jokingly, as he crossed his arms and turned away. He uncrossed his arms, still looking the other way, before swiftly turning back, kissing you on the cheek. Your face heated up, as he pulled away.

"I would like that very much."