Chapter 5 - Into the Tower

°°°

Warning/s: Cussing

°°°

They came back safe and sound, aside from a stratch or two when they fell out the window. You of course, healed whatever they has obtained at the tower, and they were good to go.

"It was.. tall.. thats for sure." Raspberry says "Darkly lit"

"There was this Oven, it looked very old, but it was lit, someone was still using it" Espresso explained.

"Red Velvet Cookie" Pastry says.

"What?" Espresso looks at her

"Red Velvet is the one using the oven. Did you by any chance see cakes?" She pushes

"Tons, they were everywhere, I dont think they saw us though, or we wouldn't have come back in this condition" Raspberry responds.

You were sitting on your 'bed', you were still thinking about that weird dream. Where were you supposed to leave from? Or was it just a silly nightmare, one that you get infrequently.

"Ow, Y/n can you brush a little softer" Madeliene says, you must have tugged on his hair when you were zoning out.

"Sorry, sorry, you need me to fix that for you?" You ask, now slowing the strokes of your brushing.

"No, just be a little more careful please" he says, rubbing the part of his head that hurt.

"I will" you respond, going back to brushing and this time, paying more attention to what you were doing.

"So you and Y/n are going tomorrow, heres a word of advice" Espresso starts, "There is a window that me and Raspberry used, its currently broken but no one has fixed it. Then, use the back half of the tower to hide in the shadows. Dont get too close, and maybe take note of what happens during the day, we need a perfect time to all go in, and so far all we got was between Noon and 4"

"Thats a lot of words Coffee Man, but Im kind of an expert, we'll be fine" Madeliene mocked. Espresso sighed, "Dont say I didnt warn you"

"I recommend you go an hour earlier than we did, you will have more time, and maybe everyone will still be asleep" Raspberry commented, stirring her bowl of Jelly stew. "This is really good, you did a good job Pastry"

She stratched the back of her head, bashfully, "It was nothing, Im just glad I could help"

"Welp, we better go to sleep, right Y/n?" Madeline fake yawns, and then gets up to go to his bed.

"But I didnt get to finish my adivce-" Raspberry said sadly.

"I think we have an Idea of what to do, Madelienes right, I think we should sleep. Maybe you guys could gather more food, that was the last of our Jellyberries.." you comment, pointing to the empty basket.

She sighed, stood up and went to the entrance of the cave, Pastry following, "C'mon Espresso, lets go"

He quickly got up and followed her, not wanting to be stuck with Madeliene.

"Sleep well Y/n"

"You too"

° ° ° ° °

You shivered as you loaded up a small backpack with basic stuff, a knife, a few Jelly berries the crew brought back, first aid (ironic) and a flash flare. For just in case.

You put the back pack on and look to Madeliene, who was wide awake, somehow. You hadnt had that weird dream again, but you also didnt get much sleep.