Chapter 19 - An Old Team

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Cussing, spoilers for 9-2 ish And 8-30

A/n: LMAO SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT THIS BOOK FOR A MOMENT

° ° ° ° °

Once Red Velvet got over the shock of seeing you, his senses came back. There as an internal fight, he didnt know what to say, until.

"You complete moron, why are you back here? Do you know how much I had to do to help you out?" He angrily claimed, walking closer to you. You didnt budge.

He sighed, looking up at you, then warily smiling, "Im glad you are okay." he stared at you for a moment admiring your face, when his smile faded, "well kind of okay, whats up with the corpse look?" Your eyes were much more dull, and less glossy, and you knew you were in pretty bad shape, thats not something you just hide.

You smile nervously, "Heh, about that, I have something to show you, if you can follow me. Its a complicated story." you say to him as you head back out towards the rest of the group you left. He turned, looking at the group of cakes that were noisly squeaking with eachother, before turning back to you and following.

It was less scary running through the forest now that Red Velvet was with you. The tower still gave you creepy vibes but, they were tolerable.

Custard looked up at you, but didnt say anything, it was Pancake that started speaking first.

"What took you so long? That was boringg." he complained, looking behind you at Red Velvet. "Whos the new guy?" He pointed out.

You rolled your eyes, "1. I was gone for like, 3 minutes at most. 2. This is... Red Velvet Cookie" you introduce him, knowing they knew what he was. One of the bad guys, you brought back the enemy to two children, way to try and clear your good name..

"HI! Im Pancake cookie, and this is Custard Cookie and he is going to die!" Pancake jumped up, standing on top of the horse, pointing down at Custard. Guess he doesnt know much about stranger danger, or about how blunt he was.

"I AM?!" Custard exclaimed, he sat up, wide eyed and staring at you, his blanket slipping of his body.

You shake your head, "No no, no one's dying. Pancake sit your butt back down or Ill feed you to the cakes." you picked up the blanket off the ground and shook out the dirt, putting it back on Custard.

Red velvet cleared his throat, and interjects "Thats actually a common and yet harmful stereotype, cakes do not like the taste of-"

"Dont undermine me, or Ill feed you to the cakes too." You side eyed him, obviously joking, but still sternly making Pancake sit down.

Once they were both setteled, you rubbed your hands together, not sure what to tell Red Velvet.

"Uh... so, yeah, that machine is killing us. Or its killing me, Im not sure what happened to Custard." You turned your head to Red Velvet, looking back down. He looked confused, "I dont remember Crepe saying it would do that" he muttered, walking towards Custard.

Red Velvet examined him, looking at his face, before the confusion turned into an unamused expression. He grabbed his arm, and turned it to the side, on the back was a small cut. Without looking at you, he said, "Dark Choco had brought back a few vials from different healer cookies. I know that machine tends to have more side affects than the big scary one you used Y/n, its just less painful. You are less likely to die when you use the small mechanism." He fixed the blanket back on him and gnetle rubbed his back in a comforting way.

"What are you doing now?" He started fidgeting with the bags on the horse, looking inside them. You didnt know how he would react, "Well, uh, we were gunna go back and just get the power ourselves." You explained, once you were done speaking, he laughed. He nodded, "Uh huh, sure you are. And what do you think a cookie like you, 2 small kids, and a cake that doesnt know how to fight is going to do?" He asked, still looking in the bags, pulling out a weird bag full of cards, and then outting them back in.