Chapter 9 - Square One

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Cussing

° ° ° ° °

It had been at least a week.

You still got food occasionally, but most of what you ate was stuff the cakes brought you, they stilled cared to bring you things.

They were much older now, it suprisingly doesnt take as long for them to grow up. They were much taller, and their squeaks sounded less like rubber ducks and more like a dog toy.

You knew it would be any day before they would leave, and the new cakes wouldnt know who you were or what you were doing there. It was difficult to communicate with them when they would be stuck in their room.

Every night that they came in, you would scratch a line into the wall, thats how you kept track of the days. A little cliche, but it worked.

It had been 4 days, plus the 3 you were in the nursery, a week.

Tonight was the final night, you waited for them, for hours. 

They never came back.

It was for the best, they were close to getting in trouble for associating with you. They had to talk Red Velvet out of punishing you and them, multiple times.

But now they were gone, off training to become the very thing you were sent to destroy. It made you sad.

Now, you were stuck in a cell, one with only a few blankets, some the cakes brought in for you. That one cake let you keep the blanekt you fixed, you refused to let Red Velvet try to take that one.

This would be your first night alone, without anyone near you, it was going to be-

"Hey" your thoughts vanish, and you look at the door. You stopped responding a few days ago, he only ever brought you food and insulted you, whether or not you responded.

"I have a job for you, Ill... maybe consider letting you stay in the new and reinforced nursey if you help"

"Hmm" you hummed, not very intrested. You werent sure you liked growing a small emotional attachment to the cakes, only to send them away. Though, they were the only good part about this dreaful place.

"Maybe" you say after, listening to the sound of the keys being used to unlock the door. It swings open, he walks in, scratched up and disheveled.

"What happened to you" you say, a hint of intrest wanting to show.

"It seems you dont like the cakes, nor care for them" he sighed before grumbling, "but they care for you. They refuse to leave and uh" he turns around showing of what they did to him.

It was kind of impressive. You werent expecting them to turn on him like that.

"So... what do you want me to do" you ask, standing up from your sad corner, and dusting yourself and the blanket off.

He thinks for a second, "I dont really know. Maybe just tell them to allow me to take them to the training camp, and that you'll be fine"

You raise an eyebrow, "Will I be fine though?" You ask sarcastically, you knew the answer.

He sighed, more exaggerated this time, before steping out of the way and pointing out the door.

"You wont be if you dont get them to get into the cart" he glares as you walk out.

Your legs felt like Jelly, it had been a while since you actually walked, much less out of the cell.

He shut the door behind himself, before leading you back up the stairs and to a new nursery.