Chapter 20 - Potion for You

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Implications of throwing up, Cussing

Im a moron, I forgot the title kdkdkd

° ° ° ° °

~A POV change~

"So how'd you do it." Almond Cookie Questioned Espresso and Latte Cookie. Latte was pretty badly crumbling, but still standing, and the second Espresso got back, he started working on a Coffee to help the rest of the cookies, not worrying about his slight crumbling.

They looked at eachother, and then back at Almond cookie. That was a complicated answer.

"This Cookie wearing a cloak of Red, they smelled very sweet, but almost artificial, as if that is not their true scent." Espresso started off, Latte nodding along.

"They came at night, there was a small hole they broke into the wall, and helped us two. We were the two awake, I was trying to help her with her wounds." He continued, hesitant to sound like a traitor. Much like Y/n cookie, it was oddly suspicious for them to be the only two returning. Not even they could explain why they were allowed to leave.

"They brought us to the edge of the kingdom, gave us 1 bag of jellies, and told us to go. They said our kingdom needed back their cookies." Latte furthered what Espresso was saying.

Almond nodded, and turned to Milk Cookie, who's group had arrived shortly before. They had no luck finding Y/n, and they searched pretty far. He handed him the notes to review.

"Id like you to continue your research Espresso, and for you to get some rest Latte." Almond then helped Latte out of the room, back to her place.

Espresso stood their, unsure what to think of what actually happened that night. To some extent, what they said was true, but they also had a good idea of who the cookie was.

But he had no reason to help them so, why'd he do it?

Espresso brushed back his hair with his hands, and poured himself another cup of coffee, 'This is going to be difficult to explain later..' he thought.

° ° ° ° °

You jolted awake, what time was it? It was a lot colder now, and it seemed dark out. Both the kids were still asleep, but Bundt wasnt there. The doors were creaking with the wind, you pushed them open. Outside, the sky was littered with stars, not a cloud in sight, it was mesmerizing to stare at. A small light was illuminating the ground, a shadow casted with it. There was a small fire, and infront of it was Red Velvet. Bundt cake was sitting next to him, also staring into the fire.

As soon as the door creaked closed, and your feet hit the ground, he looked back at you, he patted the ground next to him, for you to sit.

You hurried over and sat down, looking at him to read his expression. He still stared blankly at the fire, maybe thinking.

"We are only maybe 100 miles from your kingdom, they are looking for you, did you know?" He said quietly. Looking for you? They barely had enough soldiers left, how would they be looking for you. You hummed in response, "I didnt. Thats news to me."

He turned to look at you, a more serious expression on his face.

"We have 2 days, in 2 days Dark Enchantress is expecting me to return with the new guards and servants. Im not at the tower making them, Im here." He said solemnly, pulling out a map from his bag carelessly thrown near by. There was markings all over it, but q significant amount of X's around certain areas.

"We cant go here, this means the usual day and a half travel is going to take some 3 days. There is patrol guards here, and your kingdoms teams are here. Thats instant defeat." He explained to you, pointing out the areas. You looked up from the map, he looked concerned.