CHAPTER 17

ZNARRATOR POV

Everyone is already in their cars. Krystian, Any, Lamar, and Savannah in one. Josh, Sina, Sabina, Pepe in another. And Heyoon, Bailey, and Joalin in the next one, and Noah and I are in the last car.

-"What will you do when you find him?" Noah asks me, grabbing my attention.

-"Probably kill." 

-"OK. Are you apprehensive?" He inquires, but I sense that he is uneasy.

– "Quite a bit. You?" I inquire of him.

– "I'm in the same boat. Quite a bit." He responds.

To convey consolation, I place my hand on his and squeeze his hand lightly.

– "Everything is going to be alright. We will get our revenge and then live in peace." "I say," I say. As we approach a red light, he tilts his head towards me.

-"What are your plans after this?" He inquires. To be honest, I'm not sure what I want to do.

– "I'm not sure. That is something I haven't thought about. It's been an incredible few months. For the first time in my life, I felt at ease." I say that with a smile.

-"Same." He replies. He's restless, so I'm sure he wants to say something else.

-"You are free to speak whatever you want." After witnessing his increasing agitation, I finally say something. He abruptly comes to a halt and glances at me.

-"Will you leave us?" Noah says looking deep into my eyes as if trying to find answers from there.

– "I'm not sure. Maybe, but maybe not. I'm not a gangster, after all. I agreed to stay with you just for the sake of vengeance." Noah's expression shifts to sadness when I say this.

-"You're right." He says this while removing his hands from beneath my hand. I had completely forgotten that we were still holding hands. He restarts the car and drives it at top speed but I don't complain.

|...|

We have already arrived at the bar. It's quite big and loud. 

– "Okay, fellas. We've arrived." Joalin explains. Like me, it's her first mission. Joalin got involved because she wanted to help me find my criminals. To be honest, I don't want her to be involved, but she's Joalin. She has the power to convince anyone to agree with her.

-"Ok. I am going for the drinks." Sabina says.

– "Don't consume too much alcohol. Guys, we need to be sober. Also, keep a watch on everyone; if you come across someone who looks like those two, you know what to do." Everyone nods in agreement after Noah says it.

-"Don't worry, brother. I will drink in limit and we will find them." Sabina assures and leaves.

-"I will go after her." Pepe says and leaves too.

-"We will go for the drinks too. Come on girls?" Heyoon says.

– "I'm not going with you all, guys. I'm not interested in drinking. I'll just stay on the dance floor and keep an eye on what's going on over here." I tell the girls.

-"OK. But if you change your mind. You know where to find us." Hina says and winks.

-"Boys, we should keep moving too." Josh says.

-"You guys can go. I will stay here with Shiv." Noah says and I look at him.

-"All right" Bailey says. When he gets a little further away, he adds " Don't forget to kiss." All the boys start laughing at the same time.