Chapter 13

NARRATOR POV

-"Jojo?" Shiv was shocked to see Joalin. 

-"It's me" Jojo says with a weak smile.

-"Why are you here? Did they kidnap you too?" Shiv asks her with concern. She didn't want to involve her friend in this mess.

-"What? "Noah asks in disbelief. " I thought you trusted us now. By the way, we didn't kidnap her." Noah clarifies.

-"Then, what is she doing with your friend?" Shiv asks looking at Noah who doesn't know the answer to this question himself.

 -"Bailey, who is she and why is she here?" Noah turns his face to Bailey and asks directly.

-"She.." Bailey starts speaking but is interrupted by Joalin.

-"I am Shivani's friend, Joalin. Yesterday, we were supposed to meet for pizza but she did not show up. I got extremely worried." Joalin says and looks at Bailey "I told Bailey that my friend a.k.a Shivani Paliwal is missing. He then told me that he had met a Shiv and asked me to show him a picture of her. I guess you can understand what happened after that. This is how I ended up here." says in a single breath.

As everyone tried to comprehend everything that had been said all at once, they looked at each other.

-"How do you know each other?" Shivani and Noah ask at the same time, making them look at each other quickly.

-"Well......Joalin will tell you." Bailey says and Joalin glares at him

-"Ummm.. we....we are boyfriends." Joalin says awkwardly.

-"WHAT?" Noah and Shiv both yell together.

-"Yes. We are boyfriends." Bailey says confirming Joalin's words.

-"Did you all know?" Noah asks all the people in his gang as he was the only one who was surprised to know this. The group stayed silent, so the answer is yes. Noah just looked at them blankly.

-"Noah, you only prohibited us from dating anyone outside our gang. If I told you I date Jojo, you would have thrown me out of the gang." Bailey says justifying his act.

-"What about you Jojo? Why didn't you tell me, I am not a leader of some gang?" Shivani says with a hint of irony.

-"I was scared that you would break our friendship if I told you that I date a gangster because of your past." Joalin replies. Shivani just stares at her.

-"Jojo, you still don't know me." Shiv replies with a tone of disappointment. Shiv didn't believe that Jojo would think that she would break their friendship if she started dating a gangster because of her past.

-" I am too, with all of you." Noah says looking at his people.

Both Noah and Shiv turn away at the same time and go upstairs. Everyone stays downstairs because they know they are wrong.

...............

It's already 6 pm. Noah and Shivani are both in Noah's room. They spend their entire morning and afternoon there, both in each corner trying to reason with their friends' distrust.

-"What should we do now?" Shiv asks breaking the silence that was present in this room. 

-" I don't know what to say. I have been living with them for so long but they still don't understand that I am concerned for them. If Bailey told me before, I would first try to take all the information of Joalin, not tell them to stay away from each other." Noah says tiredly.

-" I understand. If Jojo told me that she dates a gangster, I would surely freak out for a few minutes, not because he is a gangster but because I am concerned for her safety. She is the only one I have in this world. However, I would surely try to understand them afterwards to see if they are really good for each other or not. I would not break our friendship for this. Just look at me, I am here in the same room as the biggest gangster in the US." Shiv says jokingly making Noah laugh lightly in this serious situation.

-" You are right." Noah says and gets up. " Let's go down before they think we are dead." Noah says and both of them laugh.

-"Let's go." Shiv says animatedly and both of them go out with a silly smile on both of their faces.

-" What with this face? We thought you would come with your blood boiling and kill us all." Sabina says as soon as she saw them coming towards them, everyone agrees with her.

-"We won't say that we are not disappointed with your distrust of us but it's OK maybe we didn't give you enough reasons to trust us." Noah says smiling.

-"Thank God. I was so scared." Joalin says with a hand on her chest.

-"I didn't say I am not angry with you anymore, Jojo." Shiv says seriously and everyone faces her including Noah. 

-"Are you still angry, Jasmine? I am really sorry." Jojo says. She calls Shivani Jasmine whenever she wants to apologize or wants something from Shiv.

-"Hahaha..of course not dumbo. I am kidding. But don't even think about hiding things from me again. I just don't want you to get into trouble because of your stupidity." Shivani says holding Jojo's hand. 

Even though Shivani seems a bit tough on the outside, she is quite soft inside for the people she loves, and for now that place is only for Jojo.

-"You are so funny, Shiv, hahaha" Jojo says faking her laugh.

-"Same for you all" Noah says facing his family "I don't want you all to hide things from me again even if it makes me want to kill you. Understood?"

-"YES" everyone says in chorus and Shiv, Jojo and Noah laugh looking at them.

-"OK, if everything is sought out, can we eat?" Lamar says putting his hands on his abdomen indicating that he is hungry.

Everyone laughs at Lamar's drama and goes to the dining table. Jojo sits with them and eats. Then, everyone goes to their room and Jojo goes to Bailey's room as everyone told her to stay here today. Bailey's room has a single bed so they will have to adjust but I don't think it will be a problem as they are a couple. Noah and Shiv also go to Noah's room but their night will be a little longer.

Meet you in the next chapter.

I didn't post anything for 3 days because it's the festive season in India and we are cleaning the whole house before Navratri starts. So maybe I won't be able to post every day.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

~NEHA

Destiny-NoavaniOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara