Chapter 12

NARRATOR POV

Shivani remembered every detail of that day. Her parents were brutally murdered in front of her. To date, she can't get over her parents' death. Every time she remembers that sight, tears automatically start rolling down her eyes.

-"Please tell me if you know something." Noah says - " I have been waiting to kill them for my whole life"

-"I can't" Shivani says transfixed.

-"Please. Anything you remember about them that can help us" Noah still insists.

-" I can't. I...I remember everything. They killed them in front of me. It hurts." Shiv replies with her hand to her chest.

-"I am sorry. If you want we can end this discussion." Noah says seeing Shivani's condition.

-"Please. I am sorry. But I need time." Shiv says.

-"I understand." Noah says and wets his lips with his tongue "Will you stay here with us?" Says this time with a little sparkle of hope in his eyes.

-"I...I...I will think about it and tell you tomorrow" Shiv lies down again and turn her back to Noah.

Shiv really wanted to stay here and find the people who are responsible for her sufferings. But at the same time, she can't leave her life outside. Though we all know that she doesn't actually have an actual life.

SHIVANI PALIWAL POV

I was in my thoughts about what I should do now. Then I realized I had an appointment with Joalin at the pizza store. My god, I forgot about Joalin. She must have freaked out. I will call her tomorrow morning.

I finally fall asleep.

........................

The sun's light awakens me when it hits my face. I try to sit up in bed but something holds me back. As I open my eyes, I see Noah clinging to me and asleep. I move a little in order not to wake him. I go straight to the bathroom to take a bath and luckily the girls left a pair of clothes in my room. 

I go downstairs after I take a shower. There I find Hina and Krystian.

-"Hi, guys." I greet them.

-"Hi" They say excitedly. 

-"We have made waffles for breakfast. I hope you like it." Hina continues and passes a plate of waffles.

Hina and Krystian talk to each other animatedly and they even try to add me to the conversation but I am still not used to all this.

Slowly, everyone else comes downstairs except Noah. 

When everyone is almost finished with their breakfast, Noah comes down. Kumbhkaran. (It's a Hindi word to refer to a person who sleeps more than usual or simply a sleeping beauty.)

NOAH URREA POV

I woke up a little late today. I tried to find Shivani by my side but I didn't find a trace of her in the whole room. That freaked me out. But then, I hear laughter downstairs, so I peeked from the stairs and found Krys and Hina laughing and Shiv is just smiling at them.

 Her laugh must be so good to hear. I would like to hear that laugh. Stop thinking about her like that Noah.

I leave my thoughts aside and go take a bath and finally step downstairs. As soon as I went in front of them, my eyes were locked into hers and hers into mine.

-"I thought you ran away." I say breaking the atmosphere.

-"As you can see I didn't." She says pointing to her.

-"I see." I say and laugh. "But what do you think about my proposal?"

-"Mmmmmmm" Shiv makes expressions like she is thinking.

-"Stop stalling." 

-"I think I will stay. I also want to find them" Shivani says making everyone at the table happy.

 The door opened just as I was about to say something, causing everyone to stop what they were doing and focus on the door. Bailey is the one who walks in.

He is accompanied by a blonde woman. I face everyone to find out if they know her, but everyone shares the same confused look as mine. With the exception of Shivani, who stands with an open mouth.

-"Jojo?" asks Shivani

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 

~NEHA