Chapter 2

SHIVANI PALIWAL POV                                     7:00am

-"Mom, why are you hiding me?" I pleaded desperately.

-"It's for your own good." mom said with a sad smile. "Do you understand me?" she asked softly as she closed the cupboard. "No matter what happens, please do not come out."

-"No mom....mom...MOM" I yell and wake up sweating and scared.

These nightmares have been my longest friend. This day is planted in my memory. Nonetheless, since today is my first day at college, I must leave in order not to be punished by Jojo, the only person who can deal with me.

I just took a quick shower and put on a little makeup to hide my dark circles or else I would look like a walking zombie and finally left the apartment.

As I took my first step into the college, a being fell on me, pulling both of us down together making everyone look up at us.

(ASSUME THEY ARE SHIV AND JOJO)

-"hi! sweetheart. I missed you so much." says Jojo while still lying on me.

-"I missed you too, Jojo. but now get off." says pushing her.

-" I know. How can someone not miss someone like me? but how did you spend 1 month on vacation?" asked straightening her clothes.

-"As usual, going company to company, door to door for a job."

In awe, she says, "Did you lose your job again?"

-"Yes" Jojo moved her hands to indicate her to continue and tell her the whole story

-"Well, a waitress job requires patience, which is not my forte, so when I went to take an order from a couple, the boyfriend started hitting on me, but I obviously did not respond. However, his blonde girlfriend started screaming and cursing at me" I tell in a normal tone.

-"WHAT! Did she shout at you because HIS boyfriend was hitting on you?" Shivani nods." What did you do next... I'm pretty sure you didn't stay quiet."

-"I just punched her pretty face," she said and rolled her eyes.

Jojo started laughing making Shivani laugh too.

-"You are awesome." says Jojo hugging Shivani sideways.

-"I know," Shiv says throwing her hair back.

 -" I will be there for you if you need me," says Jojo entering the room.

Rest of the classes went normally. After spending some time together at their favorite beach, both friends went back to their respective homes.