Jealous

It was the day of annual teen superhero party. It was 3:00 pm, and the party started at 4. Everyone was getting ready and putting on their nicest outfits.

Raven was in her room doing her makeup. It's something that she NEVER does, but for very special occasions she puts on just a little to get a bit more dressed up. This year she was even more excited because she had a date to the party. Raven wasn't the kind of person who loves attention, but she was admittedly excited to see her boyfriend's reaction to her look for the night.

"Annddd... done," Raven said to herself as she put in her earring.

She was finally done at 3:50. Just in time for the party to begin. She looked at herself in her full length mirror and was surprised. It was so weird seeing herself all dressed up. Though the longer she stared, the more her eyes started picking out flaws and imperfections. Suddenly she wasn't so confident and had a bad feeling that Beastboy was going to think she looked ugly. Right on cue...

Knock knock knock

Raven sighed and headed over to the door. She hesitated and took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Hey R... woah. You look-"

"Ugly?"

"What?! No! You look absolutely stunning," he said with an awestruck face. He was practically drooling.

Raven smiled.

"But... are you sure you want to be this dressed up?" He asked.

"It's a formal party. You're in a tux. What are you talking about?"

"It's just that... you look a little too perfect. I don't want other boys swooning over you."

"You don't trust me?"

"Of course I trust you Rae. I'm not worried about you cheating. I'm worried about other boys lusting over you."

Raven smiled and kissed his cheek, leaving a red lip stain.

"Don't worry. I'm yours and only yours and you know that. All the other boys know that too," she replied as she wiped off the stain with her thumb.

"But still... you just look so-"

Raven silenced him with a kiss.

"Enough. Everything will be ok. Let's go. We are going to be late for the party."

"No."

"No?"

Beastboy grabbed her waist with one hand and her face with the other, quickly pulling her into a kiss before she could protest.

Raven tried pushing him away, but he just held on tighter.

"Just one minute Rae. Please. I need this. I need you," he whispered in a low tone into her ear.

She blushed and then nodded. He smiled in return and then pulled her back into a kiss, putting all of his protectiveness and love into it. Raven could feel it. And she loved it. The kiss was slow and loving. It has so much emotion and care in it. Eventually they had to pull away. They didn't let go and instead immediately embraced one another. They held each other close and closed their eyes as they enjoyed the moment. But all good things must come to an end, and this was no exception.

"Hey Raven! Beastboy! Are you ready? The guests are arriving," Robin called from the outside of the door.

"Yah. We're ready. Just one moment," Raven responded. "Come on Gar. I need to wipe your face."

"Why?"

Raven pulled him over to her mirror, revealing his lipstick covered lips. They both giggled. Raven got a makeup removing cloth and wiped his lips off before putting lipstick on herself.