Curse of a Psychic

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, Mai," John said, comfortingly.

"No, no, sorry," Kiko started. "I know exactly what you're talking about, it's behind the backyard."

"Really?" Masako asked.

"I can take you there if you want."

***

That led the members of SPR and Kiko at the top of the cliff from Mai's dream, Naru was even present. "Miss Hara, do you feel anything?"

"I feel no spirits, but this place just gives off the presence of tragedy," the medium replied through her kimono sleeve.

"Despite Mai's dream, the view is gorgeous," Ayako commented, looking at the forest beyond the bay.

"We're really high up." Mai's voice shook.

"Mai, is this were your dream took place?" Naru asked, she nodded.

Mai walked toward the edge.

"The woman was standing right here."

She took another step. "Mai! No!"

Mai was pushed back as Kiko fell. Mai grabbed her hand as she hung off the edge. "Mai! Kiko!" Monk made a move to rush over to them, but a black clad arm stopped him.

"Don't, the edge is unstable, any extra weight and it could collapse."

"You okay, Mai?" Kiko asked, slowly trying to get back up.

"I'm fine, you're the one dangling from a cliff."

Masako's eyes widened as well as Kiko's. "Naru," she whispered.

There's someone behind me, Mai thought fearfully. That just wasn't possible.

She felt a hand on her back. "Don't move," Kiko ordered.

The hair on the back of Mai's neck stood up as she screamed. The two went tumbling down the cliff.

"Mai! Kiko!" came the cried of the team. Monk was in the middle of removing his shoes when two figures ran past him.

***

Mai's body fell into the water with a splash. Opening her eyes she couldn't see Kiko. She was running out of air and it was hard to see, she started to swim up when something grabbed her leg.

She let out a bubble of air in surprise as she was pulled down deeper. Struggle as she may, there was no escape as the air left her lungs.

I can't die here. She stopped moving, her lungs burning, muscles aching from lack of oxygen.

She continued to be dragged down by the entity, her vision becoming blurry. This can't be the end.

A dark figure came into view. Monk? Whatever was holding onto Mai let go as the figure smoothly eased the two back to the surface.

Mai started coughing and spat out the lake's water. "Are you okay, Mai?" her savior asked.

She knew the voice.

It always found a way of making her heart skip a beat.

Spinning her head to see the origin of the voice, did not do much good to the headache she gained. She gripped her head mid blush. "C'mon."

Naru helped Mai swim to the shore. The rest of the team had run down the hill to the shore to find Yasuhara and Kiko sopping wet and Naru and Mai heading for land. What caught Monk's attention was Kiko on the sand and Yasuhara bent over her, their lips pressed together.