He watched the lean and lanky redhead run out the kitchen, making sure to take a wide route to avoid Eli knowing he would've surely gotten a hit to the back of his head if he had been in the vicinity.

"Pa? Can you and da try to be a bit quieter in the nights?"

Aurum ducked when a fork came flying his way, laughing out loud.

"Missed me!" The boy said as he attempted to move himself from throwing range but ran into a hard body.

He paled when he saw Javier smirking at him.

"What was that diablito?"

"I-I was s-saying that I slept like a baby last night."

"Your dad wouldn't be behind you looking like something from a horror movie if that's what you said."

Aurum yelped and tried to run away, but Eli's hand gripped his shirt and pulled him right back, giving him a tap on the back of his head.

"That's what you get." Aurum scowled and walked off, but before he went around the corner he stuck his head back and stuck his tongue out.

Another fork almost hit him, making him laugh hysterically as he walked back to his room which was Eli's old one.

Thankfully, it was a Sunday so they didn't have classes. Eli quickly finished up the breakfast, adding a side of egg muffins and berries.

He was chosen to be the designated cook for the house, well more like he made himself the cook and he frankly enjoyed it.

He had fallen into a routine with Aurum and Javier. They would wake, have breakfast together, go to classes, come home and study or fool around and have dinner together as a family. He loved it.

They were his family, speaking of, their apartment neighbours Zeke and Ethan would be over there soon. They all had Sunday breakfast and dinner together.

Eli delivered the dishes filled with food to the island, shouting at Aurum to go get the door as someone had knocked.

Zeke made his way in, smiling up at Aurum as he patted him on the chest to which the boy made an incoherent sound, hating being treated like a child.

Ethan kept his head straight, a smirk on his face as he ruffled Aurum's blood-red hair making the boy slap his hand away pouting.

Eli looked up and saw them making themselves comfortable in the living room. Due to them not having a dining room or table, they would have to eat in the living room on the sofas.

Eli moved the hot breakfast and put it on a small glass table, saying his morning greetings to his friends.

Ethan grunted in response and was elbowed by Zeke to be a bit more polite.

Ethan hadn't really changed much, his facial hair came in and he sported a scruff of a beard along with his white hair that was still kept at a length that reached his waist. His frown lines grew more distinct but perhaps that was due to him smiling more with Zeke.

Zeke had minimalistic changes with the time that had passed, the only notable difference was that his golden locks were kept from spilling out on his face with a braid around his head.

Eli and Zeke while definitely not as close as before had rekindled there friendship somewhat, it had been hard in the earlier days but he just accepted that Zeke had changed.

"Smells good as always."

"Thank you, atleast someone appreciates my efforts." He called out loudly, his husband appeared from the corner with a small smile on his face.

"I do offer but you shut me down everytime." Eli rolled his eyes and began plating the food, serving a plate for Aurum first. He didn't need a hungry, hormonal dragon on his ass this early in the morning.

Soon after, everyone was sitting in silence wolfing down the breakfast. Eli was actually a really good cook, a trait he picked up from watching his mother but then again, what wasn't the prodigy good at?

And so the day passed, the family ate dinner with Zeke and Ethan, surprisingly Ethan was the cook for that apartment.

Eli stretched out, pulling his muscles as far as they could go and letting them go, enjoying the feeling of sagging against their bed.

"You know, if there's one thing I won't ever get tired of, it's falling asleep beside you every night." Eli groaned, feeling the heat creep up his face and hid his face in the man's chest that was shaking with soft laughter.

"You really have to stop being so cheesy."

"I would if you didn't like it so much." He groaned again and a soft kiss was placed on his head, making him smile.

"Goodnight, Javier."

"Goodnight, Amor."

Eli closed his eyes, the familiar feeling he had grown accustomed to took over his body. He was used to it, it was routine. He felt as if he was falling in a never ending pit, however the next time he opened his eyes, he was back in a familiar scenery. The ocean.

"Let's begin."