Chapter 3: The Grimwhale's contest

Start from the beginning

"Okay sir! I promise" I said unlocking my door.

"Its time" I said as I approached the trunk to pick my weapons and swimming gear.

"Can I help you with that?" I suddenly heard a male voice say behind me.

"Groddy, I don't think this would have been the best time to startle anyone, especially me" I said in an irritating tone.

"Relax Iya, I just thought I could lighten up the mood a bit".

"You thought wrong then!" I said, overemphasizing the "wrong" part. "Look dude, if there's anything I wanted right now, it would be a more comprehensive description of the creatures anatomy".

"Well, if it helps, I remembered something else today" Groddy said.

"W...what was i...it?" I asked him, slightly regretting how desperate I sounded. Groddy had hit his head while fighting with the Grimwhale last year. I remembered when I saw him drop from the sky with a loud thud as he hit the rock, with the Grimwhale retiring to the sea. Groddy lost his memories of the fight afterwards, and he could only recall what he saw in bits.

"There is a pocket, like a compartment of air under the sea, you can always go there to get oxygen, just in case your tank's oxygen is exhausted or leaking, I'm not just sure of where it is" he said with a sigh.

"Thanks a lot Groddy, that's more than enough information" I said, with a bright smile.

"You're welcome, just make sure you're careful". "If the Grimwhale gets overwhelming, you can always come out of the water, no one would judge you". "I still don't approve of you doing this, but if its really what you have to do, I wont oppose you".

"Sure, I don't actually intend to die today" I said lifting the oxygen tank that Mr. Simpson got for me.

"Good, now let's get you ready" Groddy said as he lifted the suit and spears behind me.

The suits that Mr. Simpson had bought, reminded me of the spacesuits I had seen in the museum, that the humans from earth wore. It wasn't white, but black with the helmet and oxygen tank, and a propeller for swimming. "Where did Mr. Simpson get this from?" I muttered to myself as I picked the helmet.

The spear Mr. Simpson got was the more interesting object. It had an energy core that was meant to double the impact force from each strike, and it also was able to electrically shock the victim, with each strike. Groddy had also gotten me another weapon, it was a blaster. The blaster was made to fire electrical pulses towards the target, and I was grateful for it. It could help me, distract the Grimwhale while I attack I said wearing the blaster on my arm.

After all the cheers and good luck messages, it was finally time. The spotters had located the Grimwhale approaching the west cliffs for the bait they had given it. The poor cow was struggling to escape from the water, when the Grimwhale suddenly snapped it in half.

I waited for the call before jumping into the water. "The spotters said it eyes were blue! Now Iya!" I heard Mr. Simpson yell behind me. And with one last breath I locked my helmet and dived into the water from the cliff.

Immediately I was in the water, the helmet came on, illuminating my face and the dark waters. "Hello human, I'm Siri and I'll be your companion on this dive. Please may I be of any help?" I suddenly heard a robotic voice say from the helmet. "This must be the A.I built into the suit" I muttered.

"Please call me Iya" I said to the helmet. "Very well, Iya, how may I help you" it said in a slightly more human like voice, saying the "Iya" part in my own voice. "Please calibrate, the amount of oxygen I have left, as well as the integrity of my weapons, and display them on the helmet screen. Also, start a 30 second count down whenever I say count". "All done! Do you need any further assistance?" the A.I replied almost immediately after my request. "Well, that was fast" I muttered to myself. "Now where would that monster b..." I was suddenly interrupted from my thoughts by a pulse call above me. I looked above me to see underneath the Grimwhale as it was swimming above me.