19. Animal Inside

Start from the beginning

"No," she whispered, "I don't hate you."

"Then why are you leaving?"

Her eyes were glued on the wooden floorboards refusing to look me in the eye as she touched her head wincing, "I...You wouldn't understand."

"Try me." I was closing in on her, making her back up.

"Sasuke, please," she was holding her head with both hands now, her eyes frantically darting towards the door. 

She wanted out, but I wasn't letting her leave without an explanation. My arms trapped her on both sides as I cornered her in between my body and the dresser, and even then, with as close as we were, she still could not look me in the eye. 

"I need to go," she begged. 

Her hand weakly pressed against my chest trying to keep me away, and I should've let her be, but I couldn't. Her body was trembling and all I wanted to do was help her and keep her from leaving. She was running from something. What else could be driving her to leave? Why else would she be trembling like this if she wasn't scared of something?

"Why won't you let me leave!" she screamed finally snapping, smacking her balled fist against my chest.

I took her fist in my hand, suddenly jerking her towards me, my arm wrapping around her waist in an embrace as I held her close against me in an almost desperate attempt to keep her here with me. I felt her entire body stiffen as she froze in my arms, her chin resting against my neck, too shocked to pull away.

"Sasuke..."

I cut her off, my voice barely a whisper, "Let me help you." 

Akira's POV: 

The room was so silent as I merely stood in his embrace, a million thoughts racing through my head, but one thought stood out the most. My arms wrapped around him as I hugged him a little tighter, burying my face in his neck, my lips grazing his skin. I really did miss him. He's been gone so long, even his scent was comforting. He smelled so good...I just wanted to...taste him. 

My eyes shot open and he fell back as I suddenly shoved him away from me. I needed to get away from him! 

"Kotaro!" I cried desperately.

The moment his name left my mouth he was there in a heartbeat, sweeping me off me feet, pausing to glance down at Sasuke, who sat on the floorboards completely bewildered. 

Sasuke's eyes immediately burned with hatred as he met Kotaro's cold blue eyes, "You."

My hands clung to Kotaro's jacket as he swiftly crossed the room, leaping out the bedroom window and carrying me off.

"Wait! Come back here with her!" I heard Sasuke yell from a distance behind us.

"Quickly, before he catches up," I said frantically, trying not to look back as Kotaro leapt from roof top to roof top through the village.

"Where to?"

I needed to go somewhere I'll be alone...somewhere I can't hurt anyone.

"The forest." It'd be the perfect place. I was never more alone than when I lived in that forest.

~~~

We were alone for the moment surrounded by the trees of the Leaf. I wasn't sure if we had lost Sasuke but it seemed he was off our trail for now. I whimpered, my knees hitting the grass as the gnawing pain in my head flared. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I never thought I would hear these words leave my mouth.

"I'm scared." I've felt fear before. The fear of being cornered knowing there was no where to go. The fear of losing someone I cared about. The fear of being alone...but this fear was different.