Easy

Here's an update! :D Sorry I haven't updated a lot. I've been at work all week. :/ Nice spring break.

I really don't know why this story is doing so poorly. I'm working my butt of making it good, and I thank you guys for reading it, though! :D

A special thanks to @brynleawilkins for being so persistent with her comments. xD I love them and you're awesome! Here's a chapter dedicated to you!

God Bless and Happy Reading!

"Wow," Bethany whispered, wistfully watching the waitress disappear into the vast catacombs of the underground restaurant Trenton had decided would be the setting of their first date. She smiled uneasily. "This is some place..." except that if I decide I need to escape, there is practically no way that I would be able to find my way out. You sneaky man. You did that on purpose, didn't you?

Trenton shifted in his seat to pour her a glass of the wine the waitress had set on the table. He saw the expression on her face and stifled a laugh. She was worrying her bottom lip between her teeth, and not doing a very good job of hiding her obvious anxiousness. It had been a long time since he had made a woman feel nervous, and he hoped it was a good sign.

"Yeah, it is," he replied, laughing. "I have a lot of..." he cleared his throat of phlegm and continued, "...business meetings here."

Bethany's ears perked up at that, wondering to what kind of business he was referring. Was it just show business? Or was it the kind of "business" that human traffickers refer to?

She took a steadying breath through her nose, inconspicuously letting it go through the side of her mouth. As she had been preparing for this date, she had made the decision to play the hussy with Trenton tonight. She would not go too far, else she cause him to be suspicious, but she was definitely going to flirt.

She squelched the urge to sigh. It was much more difficult done than said. Nonetheless, she put on her best demure smile and propped her chin on her hand and her elbow on the table, leaning forward as though to catch every fascinating word Trenton spoke.

She lifted her wine glass in the other hand. She took a swig without looking away from him, then asked, "What kind of business?"

Trenton had not missed her deep inhale, or the unnaturally long eye contact she had been keeping. He wanted to tap his nose knowingly, smirk at her and tease her for flirting with him, but he found that he kind of liked her this way. She was much more daring than he had thought. Nobody ever held his gaze this long; they were far too intimidating.

He chuckled. There were possibilities to this, that was certain. It made him even more curious about her, even more anxious to have her in his bed. This time, he decided, he would woo her properly. He was now sure that Bethany James, madly in love with him, would be a much better suitor for him than taking her in a fit of rage.

Yes, he mused, looking her over in her tight-fitting, low-cut blue dress. That would be much, much better.

He realized that he had been staring at her a few beats too long, and smiled. Being distracted by a woman? That's new.

"Well, when the backers of the production want details on what their money is being spent on, I bring them here." He leaned forward conspiratorially. "To be honest with you, I think this place makes them uncomfortable. They're mostly little old ladies, you understand, and they don't like being underground. Which works out perfectly for me, because then I don't have to sit around and talk to them for hours, and they are so eager to get out that they don't pry too far into the money matters of a play."