Called In Early

I know this is a super short chapter. I'm so sorry. It's college, and all this mess. xD 

Anyway, I love you guys! I hope you're enjoying this story! I know it's not bound to be as popular as "Secret Love", but I just really appreciate that anybody is reading it at all! :D I won't say I'll try to update more, because this time around I'm about quality, not quantity. So just bear with me. I'll put them up as soon as I can! :D 

Love you guys! <3

God Bless and Happy Reading!

A harsh rap on her hotel door roused her from her restless slumber. She rolled over quickly, brushing her sleep-tossed hair out of her eyes and standing on her tip toes to gaze wearily through the peep hole. Addled by exhaustion, she did not register who was behind the door until she had turned the doorknob and opened it wide.

Trenton looked her up and down, and had to suppress a smile at her disheveled state. Her tank was twisted around her little body at an irregular angle, and her tiny shorts were made even smaller by the bunching between her thighs.

All in all, it was a lovely picture, and Trenton had to force himself to regale his gaze on her face before he let out a gruff greeting.

"Good morning," he stated without preamble, to which she grunted her agreement.

"It will be if one of those coffees belongs to me," Bethany replied, staring pointedly at the lidded cardboard cups in his hands.

He nodded. "Yes." He handed her the one steaming in his left hand, and she gulped down the hot liquid gratefully. It burned her throat. She stared down at the cup in accusation, and then sighed. Would Hunter be drinking coffee right now?

"Thank you," she finally said, after swallowing. Seeming to realize her scruffy state, she used her free hand to adjust her sleepwear, as a blush worked its way into her pale cheekbones.

Trenton cleared his throat, prying his eyes away from her hand's administrations to say, "We've been called in early."

Bethany's eyebrows furrowed. "Is something wrong?"

Trenton shrugged. "I doubt it. You know how these casting parties can be. They're only fun for Reggie," he continued. Reggie was the director: an insomnia-riddled, caffeine-addicted, high energy man who took sadistic pleasure in imposing long work days on everyone involved in his productions. "You know how he loves to hear the cries of sleep-deprived, tortured souls early in the morning. He'd feel horrible if he didn't make us all silly with exhaustion in the first week."

Bethany laughed, but was just as quickly shocked at herself. Trenton had made her laugh?

I'm just tired; that's all it is, she assured herself, reminding herself to smile at Trenton. What he said wasn't funny; I'm just not awake yet.

Trenton was pleased with himself, though he had not truly intended his comment to entertain her. He found that he enjoyed her laughter, however fleeting it may have been.

"Well, just give me a moment to dress and I'll be down," Bethany finally concluded, taking a step back and watching as Trenton nodded and turned away from the door.

"I'll wait for you downstairs," he stated.

"Oh, that's not necessary," Bethany said, causing him to halt. "The auditorium isn't far from here. I can walk." She smiled encouragingly, but he shook his head.

"It's raining. You'll ride with me." He turned and walked away, leaving her to sigh and close the door behind him.

She dressed in a rush and applied a thin mask of makeup, taking specific pains to hide the puffy yellow bags on her lower eyelids. She took the stairs down to the lobby, hoping the exertion would further rouse her senses. She was still a little groggy when she finally reached the lowest floor, but when she saw the man who had stopped to speak to Trenton, her eyes flew open in shock. Was that...