Friends

I didn't make this a cliffhanger on purpose. I'm actually just playing around with a few options currently. Sorry I'm not updating frequently. I actually just had to say goodbye to "Do Me A Favor?" because of time constraints this semester. This is the only one that made the cut. 

Thank you all for your support. Please leave me a comment, vote for this chapter, tell your friends, and follow me! :D 

Picture of Amanda's hair --->

God Bless and Happy Reading!

The bus pulled to a stop in Bossier City, Louisiana right on schedule. It was about half past ten in the morning, and the boys were just beginning to rustle the sheets in their bunks. Hunter and Sam were the first to make the seemingly impossible climb from their comfy beds to the cold, uninviting floor. They greeted each other in mumbles and strayed directly for the coffee makers lined against the wall of their barely-used kitchenette.

Hunter's cup was brewed and steaming before Sam had finished embellishing his own, so he was already switching on the television and settling into the couch when his best friend propped his feet up on the small table next to him. Neither said a word, each waiting for the searing hot liquid to cool in their mugs enough for them to gulp it down.

Mere minutes later, when they simultaneously lifted their cups to their mouths and drank, ignoring the scorching of their tongues, the weatherman on the local news channel gave the day's forecast.

"Sunshine," he stated in his no-nonsense voice. "Sunshine until around one o'clock, and then rain. Rain all afternoon and well into tomorrow morning." The forecaster, Davy Brogans, as the tag at the bottom of the screen announced, looked no happier about the impending showers than Hunter felt.

A sigh slipped through Hunter's lips as he lifted his coffee mug for another sip. Sam heard it and raised an eyebrow, guzzling his own beverage like it was the elixir of life.

"So, what's all the sighing about?" Sam asked, placing his now-empty coffee mug to the side.

Hunter gaped at the cup, ignored Sam's question and replied, saying, "Are you done with your coffee already? Dang, man! How do you do it? Mine's about to char my tongue!"

Sam laughed at Hunter's reaction. "It's a gift, my friend. We all have one."

Hunter sent him a skeptical glance. "Right. And I'm to believe that your supposed 'gift' is knocking back one hundred degree coffee like it's warm milk? What's my gift?"

Sam touched the side of his nose and winked. "Your hair."

That sent Hunter into a bellow of laughter that lasted for near a full minute. Coffee spilled onto his hand, and he licked it away, still chuckling.

"Good to know. All these years I've been wanting to chop it off."

Sam scoffed and then chuckled, wiping his hands on the fleece of his pajama bottoms.

"Seriously, though," he continued, turning his head more fully to look at Hunter. "What's with all the sighing?"

Hunter shrugged. "It's going to rain today."

"So? Since when has rain been so depressing to you?"

Hunter sighed again. Bethany adored rain. It was her favorite thing, and memories of the two of them playing in it together always plagued him when she was away. Even more so today, as he was not even able to call and tell her how much he had missed her.

"I have plans with Amanda today. I'm just not too happy to be faced with the prospect of bouncing over puddles on my way backstage." He shrugged, exempting his true conundrum from the equation. Sam was likely more than tired of hearing Hunter chalk his bad moods up to Bethany's absence. They were supposed to have broken up; in that scenario, Hunter should have moved on by now, and should not still be sulking in his tour bus nearly a whole month after the fact.