♡ 》turning in《 ♡

---------------------

here's one that came to me today, literally as i was writing this which is the quickest update i've ever published, i think. go me.

tot = term of endearment for a small child

jumper = sweatshirt/hoodie without the hood(?)

trousers = "pants"

cream = lotion

cot =  bigger than a cradle/crib, usually padded

--------------------

you were wrapped in a towel after just having a bath, kneeling next to the tub with your chin on the edge of it, eyes screwed shut as water cascaded down your head, rinsing out the last of the conditioner as your free hand ruffled your hair*.

it wasn't until your eyes were open again that your mind hadn't been playing tricks on you and that there was someone standing just outside your line of vision, being caught in the corner of your eyes.

with a thinner towel over your head, making you look like a nun, you stood up again, toothbrush in mouth and turned to face what seemed to be a little human also wrapped in a towel, albeit making them look like a crossover between a lesser form of a burrito and a marshmallow.

the tot waddled to you from where they were standing, plonking themself down onto the fluffy bath mat. a smile grew on your face as you chuckled lightly (in lieu of the toothbrush still in your mouth), hands coming to lift the toddler up off the floor and into your arms.

"did daddy try to give you a bath?"

the small creature nodded, surprisingly understanding what you had said despite the toothbrush that was hanging in your mouth as they rested their towel covered head on your shoulder, letting out a tiny gasp before squeezing their eyes shut and scrunching up their even tinier nose, yawning into your collarbone before smacking their little lips.

-

you finished brushing your teeth with the infant on your hip and secured the towel over your head a little tighter, making your way to your bedroom where [child's name]'s cot was.

after going through their post-bath routine you dressed them in an incredibly soft onesie before tucking then into your bed, deciding that you wanted to sleep with your baby by your side instead of in a cot next to your bed.

you went back into the bathroom to finish drying your hair (which consisted of you aggressively rubbing the towel over your scalp), and finished brushing your teeth. you massaged some cream into your skin and rubbed lavender essence on your neck and wrists when you were done.

not only was it a soft smelling herb that your [spouse/partner] seemed to enjoy very much, but it was a very good sleep inducer which is what you needed at the moment.

now that your hair was dry enough, you pulled a jumper over your head and slid on some long trousers opting not to wear socks because your feet were damp.

you stepped into your slippers and peeked your head into your bedroom, eyes falling to the sleeping bump in your bed. you switched the light off before you exited the room and left the lamp on the desk beside your bed on, not wanting to shroud your baby in darkness and not being too fond of the dark yourself.

-

you made your way downstairs, to where your [spouse/partner] was in the living area stood up and looming over documents and articles, clad in a dress shirt, sleeves rolled to his elbows, and tie loosened as his jacket was draped over the chair next to his; yet his waistcoat didn't have so much as one button undone.

you even noticed he was still wearing his shoes, hearing them click softly against the hardwood floors as he sat back down in his chair, pushing himself away from the table and stretching his arms over his head, stifling a yawn before reaching for his preferred drink of choice which seemed to be a single malt scotch over ice.

you raised an eyebrow at this and padded over to where he sat, arms coming to wrap themselves around his neck as you pressed a kiss to his temple.

"[child's name] is sleeping with me tonight, i don't like putting them in the cot, it's too far from the bed."

he leaves his work for a moment and his hands finds yours, clasping them tightly. he pulled your sleeve up to kiss the inside of your wrist.

he murmurs, low and comforting, "ai won't be long, love. you smell divine by the way."

a chuckle left your lips and you layed a parting kiss to his cheek before detangling yourself from his hold and exiting the living area, heading for the stairs towards your bedroom.

"i know."

--------------------

thank you for reading, thank you for voting, i currently have two in the works, one of which is coming fairly soon so hold your butts for that one.

see you in the next one lovely people✌🏾✌🏾

--------------------