♡ 》twinning《 ♡

------------------

tot = term of endearment for a small child

lowercase intended❗

------------------

i tucked the small defenceless bundle into my arms and attempted to lull it to sleep, rocking the baby at a constant pace.

"he's got lovely blue eyes, you know - that one specific shade that only seems to exist as an eye colour and nowhere else?"

i gazed at the new plants on the window sill with a fond and excited smile on my face, mentally hoping they bloomed into flowers on my birthday which was days away as i looked up and towards my partner, cocking my head as if to ask for his opinion on the tot's eyes.

he stood up and made his way over, carrying the same fond smile i had as he watched [son's name] take in their surroundings with indeed, big, glossed and particularly blue eyes, clearly not falling asleep any time soon.

"it's all in the genes," he boasted, feigning a stretch and gesturing comically to himself.

"he has my eyes after all."

"genes? just don't count on him getting your blatant modesty then," i countered with an amused brow.

[partner's name]'s full attention was now on me as he stood in between my plants and i and wrapped his arms around my middle, ensuring his eyes made contact with mine.

at the same time [son's name] grabs my attention by latching onto my finger and proceeding to wave it around, also locking his eyes with mine, entrancing me with his beautiful cyan-cerulean orbs.

i felt chills dance along my spine and i felt my knees falter ever so slightly. i took a step back in shock and awe at how close their eyes were in colour yet being drastically different somehow.

"my lord, it's like you're identical."

my attention is brought back to [son's name] as he lets out a happy babble and a squeal at the feeling of my hands running up and down his sides.

"like i said, it's all in the genes. just wait - when he's older he's going to make all the girls swoon with those eyes. besides, mine still make you swoon."

.

.

.

.

.

"they do not!"

------------------

thank you for reading:]

see you in the next story!!

------------------