izuku | hanahaki 2

unedited; part 2 ✋

910 words

second person pov

a week has passed and you've only gotten worse, which wasn't really a surprise but you somehow hoped it would magically go away. just like your undying feelings for your fluffy green haired friend.

you hated that you barely spent any time together, he was always with his classmates and didn't bother to make time for you, its like he forgot you ever existed.

is it that easy to replace me?

your insecurities only grew, of course you didn't tell anyone. i mean who would you tell, no one would understand you like he used to. used to. the though only made you shudder, you're not best friends anymore. were you even friends?

you tried to think of something else and luckily a sleepy classmate came up to you as you were packing your things away.

"hey y/n, wanna do something after school?"

you looked up in shock only to be met with deep purple eyes and a tired smile. his presence brought you some kind of comfort, at least you weren't entirely alone.

"sure shinso, what did you have in mind?" you smiled back at him, your eyes were tired and the eyebags were evident, choking on petals late at night wasn't fun.

"i don't really kn-" he was interrupted by a loud voice, which was also familiar.

"HEYYY Y/N! SHINSO. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS UP TO??" monoma ran up to you both with some weird hype energy and butted into your conversation.

"oh- um, we were thinking of what to do." shinso says, a little less enthusiastic.

"yeah, we wanna go do something fun." you added, staring at the annoying yet lovable blonde.

"i have a great idea, c'mon!" he basically dragged you and poor shinso to the park where he showed you an arcade. you looked around in the shops and laughed at the weird funny things some of them sold. after that you all got some food and just walked around in the park, talking about random things. it was nice to be with them, it didn't give you a chance to think about deku or how you were growing to hate yourself, it was good. you smiled honestly and appreciated them.

"that was so much fun, thank you so much!" you said, a grin still plastered on your face as you stood in front of the bus station that monoma was stopping at. your words couldn't nearly describe how thankful you actually were.

"no problem, it's always cool to hang out with you." monoma beamed and left after saying goodbye. he might look and act intimidating but not with his classmates, he was friends with most of them and didn't act so stuck up.

"which way are you headed?" shinso turned to you, his backpack hanging on his left shoulder.

"um, that way." you point towards the route you always take yo walk home.

"really? me too, i'll walk you home."

you glanced at him curiously and smiled before nodding. it was calm on the way home, he was your closes friend out of the class and you never felt awkward around him. both of you just got along really well, it felt like you had known each other for much longer.

"that's hilarious, when i was young, me and izu lo-" you paused, you were so caught up in your story that his name on your tounge made you stop. your smile obviously dropped and shinso noticed. "we loved to do that too..."

you didn't feel like telling the story anymore, the sweet memories would surely bring tears to your eyes. it hurt so much that he barely noticed your existence now.

"are you okay-?" hitoshi didn't know how to react, he was taken aback by your sudden sadness.

the familiar tickling sensation once again returned to your throat, this time you didn't have much time before you gasped for air and started coughing violently.

you fell to your knees and shut your eyes, trying not to faint. tears welled up in your eyes in an instant, you couldn't do anything about it. luckily you were in a more secluded area so no one was around to see you.

shinso dropped his bag and k neeled down, trying to help you but it was no use. moments later, you finally managed to get rid of the flower in your throat.

flower.

not just a petal, it was a full flower. it would have been beautiful if it wasn't covered in your blood. shinsk stared in shock and horror, he was so worried yet he couldn't find any words. your tears fell silently on the concrete as you stayed there, crying.

crying because you knew this meant he didn't love you back.

crying because it hut do much, you were in so much pain.

crying because no one would ever understand how you felt.

and crying because you couldn't keep it in any longer.

"y/n..." shinso hesitated before wrapping his arms around your small frame, embracing you in a hug that spoke for him instead of words.

he didn't know what had happened but he was there for you, worried and scared. seeing you like this made him feel like he should've noticed you were not ok.

he wouldn't leave your side, and the first thing he was going to do was take you to a doctor.

-
sjnsjwkifyf this kinda sucks but anywassss how are y'all?