todoroki | friends

genre: idk lol but it's kinda badass. i really like how bold todoroki is in this one XD
warnings: mature language

this was inspired by a tiktok i saw-

1320 words

y/n pov

most days are very similar, especially when it's not weekend. i push the doors of class 1-A open and smile at the sight of my friends. out of the corner of my eye i see bakugo too, we've been dating for a few months now.

honestly i'm not sure why he asked me out, he doesn't seem interested in me at all, and he is also probably embarrassed of me, so our relationship is a secret. i was thinking of ending things with him but every time we're alone i decide against it.

he just acts like a different person then and it's driving me crazy. i have always wished for a relationship where i can hug my significant other in public, hold hands, do cute things together and show them off to my friends. i guess it's too much to ask for, i'm just being unrealistic. this is my first relationship anyways, so it's not like i am an expert.

i did have a feelings for bakugo but i think they're beginning to fade away, or they already have, i don't know. we haven't spent any time together the last few weeks.

focusing back to the present, i wave at him weakly to which he just rolls his eyes. ouch, okay. moving on. i frown and walk to my desk which happens to be next to todoroki and tsuyu. she smiles at me happy and greets me.

"hey tsuyu!" i smile back and feel better already. i mentally thank my friends for existing because i love and appreciate them so much.

"morning y/n." shoto says from beside me, in his usual soft, monotone voice.

i wave and greet him too, already forgetting about bakugo. before i can attempt to make more conversation aizawa sensei walks- or more rolls in, sleeping bag still fully equipped, signalling the start of the class.

/ time skip /

me, deku and todoroki walk back to the dorms to hang out like we usually do after a long and tiring day. uraraka is already there talking to tsuyu and iida. todoroki sits on the couch with his legs stretched out, deku just lies on the floor so i decide to hop in the small space between shoto's legs. he looks surprised for a second but quickly returns to his usual cool self and we all start talking about random things.

after about an hour, uraraka, tsuyu and iida have already left. a loud noise is heard before bakugo walks in with denki and some pretty girl. usually i wouldn't care but i've seen her talking to him multiple times before and it made me sad. i suddenly felt insecure and kept my gaze on the very interesting floor.

denki pats my head as he walks behind the couch and asks what we're talking about. i had been zoning out so i had no idea but izuku suddenly replied to him.

"oh, we're just discussing crushes and stuff." he says, causing my eyes to widen. it's very unusual for us to be talking about something like that, and i had no idea deku would be so cool about it. nevermind, his face is totally red.

"oouh bakugo you might wanna come here." kaminari smirked at me and i turned red of embarrassment before looking at the black rug once again. i was scared of what he knew, denki might not be very school smart but he's pretty observant when it comes to relationships. and he's bakugo's friend

"what is it dunce face." baku demands as he strolls over to the couch. he looks at us with disgust and scoffs, obviously not wanting to spend his time on any of us 'extras'.

i didn't know, but todoroki noticed how i was sadly staring at the floor and it didn't take long for him to figure out what was going on, especially since denki just confirmed his theory by smirking at me and calling bakugo. he felt like this was unfair and decided to test something.

"so y/n... you and bakugo huh." he said quite loudly, making sure that the angry hedgehog was listening.

i froze when i looked in his eyes and heard what he said. was it that obvious? i silently started panicking while todoroki was just studying my face. i blinked a few times and suddenly felt angry at bakugo, he always shut me down when i asked why we have to keep it a secret. yes, we were dating and if he wasn't going to tell anyone then i will.

"yes we-" before i could finish an all too familiar loud voice filled the room, bakugo was furious and pissed. i shut my eyes to hold back the angry tears and lowered my head. why does he have to do this in front of everyone?

"F-R-I-E-N-D-S. that's how you fucking spell friends!" he shouted, "FRIENDS. get that shit inside your head!"

my shocked face was enough to make everyone understand the situation. they felt incredibly bad but didn't want to interrupt since it wasn't their business. deku knew kacchan was violent and hot headed but he never thought he would treat his girlfriend that bad.

todoroki smiled to himself and i felt his legs shift slowly. i forced myself to slowly look at him, only to see that he sat up straight and leaned closer to me. my face automatically heated up, i couldn't deny that he was incredibly attractive.

"hey y/n, what do you think of going out with me later?" he smiled slightly and it seemed as though our faces were inches apart. maybe i might have a tiny crush on him, and my heart heart swelled at the thought of a new chance at a relationship, but i was so confused at that moment. yep, totally not having butterflies right now.

"DUMBASS ICYHOT! SHE'S TAKEN!" if it was possible, bakugo was yelling even louder now. i gasped and felt rage build up inside me. how dare he embarrass me like that. he said we're friends. it's too late now, bakugo.

"f-r-i-e-n-d-s." i chuckled lowly before continuing, "we're just friends." i glared at him and let him know that i was done with whatever we were. i couldn't take his excuses anymore. it seems he couldn't choose so i chose for him.

not expecting my response, he glared back at me but i could tell he was confused. shoto gently wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. i nervously looked into his beautiful eyes, i trusted him but still had no idea what he was planning. he gazed back with determination and leaned forward.

his soft lips met mine before i realised what was happening. the way he held me and how gentle he was was enough for me to melt at that moment and kiss back. it felt like the butterflies in my stomach exploded but it was amazing. he pulled away and searched for any reaction on my face. which was burning, while his was just dusted with a light pink blush.

the loud slam of a door made me jump up slightly, snapping out of shoto's trance. bakugo was nowhere to be seen, and deku left when katsuki was shouting at me.

now it was just me and todoroki, still i couldn't help but hide my blushing face in his shoulder, i heard him chuckle cutely. for what seemed the 100th time my heart did backflips and i smiled super wide.

"you still didn't answer me." he quietly said.

i was dumbfounded before remembering what he asked. "of course i'd love to go out with you todoroki." i managed to lift my head and look up with a shy smile.