bakugo | home

nobody:
me: *realizing that i'd choose fictional characters over real guys any day*

genre: angst, fluff

1237 words

second person pov

you closed the door to your room with a heavy heart and jumped onto your bed. it had been a long day and a bad one, you felt lonely and sad. unlocking your phone, you scrolled through (fav social media) as a distraction.

you didn't want to be left alone with your thoughts, it would always be the same. you'd remind yourself that no one cares about you and how stupid you are for liking anime so much. no one seemed to understand why you liked it so they wouldn't be nice.

a certain picture caught your eye, it was a fanart of bakugo. he looked stunning and your breath hitched before you relaxed and let out a smile. you loved him so much and wished every day that he was real. you lived in your own little world of imagination, where katsuki and all your favourite characters were.

they were always there for you. real people let you down, hurt you, used you, but they always cheered you up, made you smile, made you feel loved. it was always a bit bittersweet after daydreaming, you were reminded that anime characters didn't exist and that you were stuck in a broken world.

you felt your eyes get tired so you put your phone aside and glanced at the time before laying down. it was late so you soon fell asleep.

you shot awake, your body felt sore and strange for some reason. as soon as you opened your eyes, panic overtook you. you were in a room that looked breathtaking, it reminded you of your dream world. realising you were dreaming, you relaxed and pinched yourself. only, nothing happened. after several painful pinches you were up on your feet, on your way to explore.

you looked at yourself in the mirror. not much changed. your clothes seemed much better and vibrant but you shrugged it off. next you opened the door.

before you was a hallway, with several doors staring back at you. it looked so familiar but you couldn't put a finger on it. wherever you were it was quiet and peaceful. you followed the hallway, which opened up to a huge common room.

that's when you became confused. you had only seen this room in your head, it wasn't supposed to exist. it was the common room of class 1-A.

"what the hell are you doing here?" a loud voice growled from somewhere behind you.

your heart skipped a beat. you knew that voice, you could never mistake who it belonged to. turning around slowly, your eyes widened and you felt your breathing stop.

a tall blonde boy was standing in front of you. his hands in his pockets, he had a small scowl on his face as he looked down at you. you couldn't move, you were stuck in a trance. so many question shot through your head, leaving you confused and totally stunned.

how?

you couldn't speak or move, you felt completely paralyzed.

"it's 4 am. go to sleep." he scoffed and turned around to walk away.

you weren't able to think but you were sure of one thing: you didn't want him to go. he was real, you weren't dreaming and you were so scared. you didn't want him to leave, who knows when you'd see him again, what if you accidentally went back to the real world?

"wait!" you said, running after him without a second thought.

he turned around again with an annoyed look. "what do you want dumbass?"

"i- ..." again, you cursed yourself for not being able to function around him. why did he have to look so good? good was a real understatement. "i can't sleep." you lied, desperately trying to make him stay.

"tch. that's your problem."

"please! i'm scared! i don't want to go back-" your eyes filled with tears as you thought of the situation you were in. you had no idea if he knew who you were, you didn't know why you were suddenly here but it made you question everything. now you really didn't have anything to hold on to, everything was so overwhelming. your quiet sobs were the only thing to be heard.

you hated yourself for crying in front of the person you loved most. you hated not being able to control your own emotions.

you heard him start to walk away making your heart drop. you couldn't find the energy to look up and watch him leave.

suddenly, the footsteps stopped. "are you coming or are you going to cry there like an idiot all night?" he spoke to you, standing by the door of his room.

your head shot up and you wiped your face before catching up to him. both of you entered his room and somehow you felt warm, and more calm. you kept your eyes on the floor as you sat down next to his bed.

"what the fuck are you doing." he snapped, watching you sit on the floor.

his comment made you confused, you weren't sure what to do or say. "i-i'm sitting? on the floor?"

he rolled his eyes and looked even more pissed. "are you trying to be sick or something? beds are for sleeping. fucking dumbass."

you muttered a quiet "oh", before standing up and cautiously climbing into his bed. it was super soft and smelled amazing, but you weren't going to admit that out loud.

you faced the wall, away from bakugo since your face was beet red, and you were embarrassed. a few minutes later you felt him climb in the bed too and everything went quiet. minutes passed, and you still couldn't fall asleep, neither did you want to. you were so scared that if you drifted off, you'd end up in the real world again. or, the other world, since this was real too.

you never wanted the moment to end. it was too good to be true. you turned to your other side and was met with the sight of a sleeping bakugo. he looked so peaceful, no sign of anger on his face. parts of his face were covered by his hair and he looked so cute.

you smiled softly, it was like the night before, except bakugo was actually there with you. he made you so happy and he didn't even know it.

"please don't leave me." you whispered and squeezed your eyes so they would stop hurting from the lack of sleep.

you were so close to him, you could practically feel his body heat under the covers. not being able to resist the temptation, you slowly brought your hands to his hair, gently touching and playing with it. this was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.

unconsciously bakugo wrapped his arms around your waist, making you stiffen and freeze. he was still asleep but now you were stuck in his arms. not that you were complaining.

tiredness finally caught up with you and you couldn't stay awake any longer. you fell asleep in his arms, hoping that you weren't dreaming, and that you would stay with him forever.

this was inspired by an animatic i made for tiktok with the song that goes "hold my breath and count to 10 why do i always fall for fictional men"