|| 36 ||

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The same night, at Natalie's living room the atmosphere was tense. Mark had poured all his thoughts and desires to her. And Natalie didn't want to do any of that again, knowing how it turned out the first time. But she didn't want to lose Mark either. He had managed to turned from someone she couldn't stand to someone she wanted in her life. "Mark..." Natalie said softly and took a seat back on the couch, she didn't want them to fight. So she tried to calm him down.

"No, I know what you're gonna say." Mark didn't yell this time. He sat down next to her instead and took her hands in his. "I know that it's not just your life you're looking after, I get all that. But I want you to get that I've never wanted any of that until I met you. I never wanted anything real. It scared me, but now I'm scared of losing it. I'm scared of losing you because I know that you don't want the same things as me. And that can only result in one thing."

"I want you and you want me, isn't this same enough?" Natalie questioned and looked him deeply in his eyes. 

"And what happens next?" Mark looked right back at her.

"I don't know, I could die tomorrow, so what's the point of planning?"

"You just don't get it." Mark sighed. "I want to live with you so I can wake up next to you every morning and I want to live with you so we can spend the entire day in bed, alternating between snoring and screwing. I want to live with you, so I can get to know you even better than I already do. So I can see what you're like the moment you get crushing news or when you catch a commercial for a new show you're excited to see. I want to live with you because the last few nights I spent here with you and Amber has been the best of my life."

And as no words were forming from Natalie's mouth, Mark continued. He continued pouring his heart out, hoping that he'd get something in return. "I am not saying right now, because I realise that it might be early. But I want to start that adult life with you. I've said goodbye to my past the moment we got together. The question is when will you say goodbye to yours?"

Before Natalie could say anything, Amber got inside the house, she slammed the door behind her and ran upstairs. Natalie followed her silhouette with her eyes and she soon frowned when she realised that Amber was upset. "Amber," she called out. She got off the couch and looked at Mark. "I need to check up on her. Can you wait? So we can continue talking?"

"I don't have anything else to say Natalie." Mark shook his head and got off the couch. "I love you, but I don't have anything else to say."

"Mark, I don't want to lose you from my life just because we don't want the same things."