EPISODE 34

Big shout out of love and Appreciation to Tom Boy Cool  for the constant Airtime. Thank you so much dearie . I really appreciate it 🙏😘♥️💜

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 34

IMEN'S POV

I was so excited that immediately I saw Aayan standing at the entrance waiting for us, I jumped on him and hugged him. I could see the surprised look on Ikram and his face too.

" We did it. Zeeshan is here " I said crying on his shoulder as I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back digging his face in the crook of my neck. He rubs my back in a comforting manner as I sob quietly on his shoulder.  We stayed like that inhaling each other scent and I realized how much have missed his hugs, his smiles, his silly jokes, his comforting words, everything.

These past months have been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. Everyone thinks I was punishing Aayan for not believing me whereas  I was punishing myself for everything that had happened. God gave Zayed a second chance in my dream and if I had saved him maybe he would have been alive to correct his mistakes but I watched him fall into that lake and drown without doing anything just like the way I watched him cough out  blood in front of me and gave up in my hands. Not a single day goes by without me recalling how he died twice in front of me. If that wasn't traumatic enough then I don't what is it.  I wish my mum and dad tell me about his disorder maybe it would have been the other way round. I would have noticed all his advances towards me and made him get treatment. He wouldn't have turned into a monster because I would have been there for him till he gets better. I would have to make sure he took his drugs daily.

Everyone expects me to forget him but the truth is I will never forget him. He will always be my brother and forever be part of my life. I grew up with him and those memories of him are not something that can be easily erase.  Everything at home speaks about him and now he has a child with Amanda which will be a  constant reminder of him to every one of us. I had to thank my therapist for her patient. Every time mum and dad take me to her, I don't say anything to her because it's hard to explain everything going on in my head.  I was emotionally drained that I couldn't cry again even if I want to because I was numb to the feeling. I was like a walking corpse. 

I remember my therapist word. " If you don't open that dark part of you, it will keep eating you up till it overshadows you ".

It took me two months before I started opening up to her and it was just like I was visualizing everything all over again and reliving it.

BACK TO PRESENT

After a while, I pulled away from him  wiping away my tears. My eyes were now swollen and bloodshot. I look at his shoulder and his shirt was wet with my tears.

" I am sorry" I quickly say trying to move back but he held me in place.

He look at me to make sure I was okay and I couldn't look him in the eyes. He places a finger under my chin using it to raise my head " Is okay Mimi" He says his arms still tightly around my waist.

" I need to go, " I told him looking down. He trace my look down and realized what I meant as he quickly release me. Ikram was no longer in sight, I guess she left when I was in his  arms. 

" I ..... " We both chorused at the same time and it sounds so awkward.

" I need to go .. back .." I say pointing to Amanda's ward.

" Okay "

" Yeah "I nod and left.

*********************************************

Soon, My mum and dad arrived. They both gave Amanda a side hug because she was sitting upright on the hospital bed her back resting at the headboard as IV fluids were passed through her veins.  My mom had tears in her eyes as she carried Zeeshan in his cot beside his mother.

" He looks so much like him " My mum cried while my dad touched his tiny hand with a smile on his face trying to hold back his tears. Zeeshan quickly held his finger with his little hand and we all smile at the gesture.

" I wish he is here too...." My mum couldn't complete her sentence as she burst into fresh tears. I know it won't be easy to forget about Zayed because Zeeshan was his carbon copy. He looks exactly the way Zayed was when he was little that you would think is the same person.

We all had tears in our eyes as my mum cried. I rub Amanda's shoulder in a comforting manner and she turns to look at me with a smile on her lips as tears flow down her eyes.

" Thank you" I muttered.

She nodded her head and squeezed my hand which was placed on her shoulder assuringly. As if Zeeshan knew everyone had tears in their eyes, he opened his mouth too and started crying making everyone laugh amidst the tears. My mum gently placed him into Amanda's arms so he can suckle. Amanda carried him gently and laid him across her big belly which was yet to go down.  She pulled out her left breast which was now too big and in dire need of nursing.  With his little head placed in her hand with my mum's assistance, She guided his mouth to her nipple and help him latch.

He started sucking immediately placing his little hand on her breast while Amanda squeezed her eyes tightly because as a first-time mom it's going to be painful as her breast were achy. We all watched in awe as he gently sucks. Mrs judge came in to check on  Amanda and greeted my parents. She has been my mum's doctor so they have become friends ever since.  She gist mum and  dad about how Ikram and I performed in the labor room with Amanda making everyone laugh.

" I wish I had a camera to record them, " Mrs judge says jokingly.

" I am pained I missed it, " My mum says smiling.

" Is okay atleast he is here" Mrs judge says and pat her shoulder.

Mrs judge left after asking Amanda some questions about how she's feeling .  30 minutes later, Zeeshan was already sleeping in Amanda's arms, full and content with her nipple still in his mouth. 

" What would you like to eat ?" My mum asks her.

" Mum, I am not hungry ".

" What! Don't tell me you haven't eaten anything " My mum says looking at me and Ikram.

" She only drank tea, we tried to make her eat but she said she is okay " Ikram and I quickly said.

" You need to eat something Amanda, " My mum says with concern written all over her face.

" I don't know what happened but since I  birth Zeeshan, it seems I have lost my appetite," She says with a tight smile.

" The appetite will come once I prepare homemade food for you, " My mum says and stand up.  She and my dad left for home promising to be back with her food. We all laughed at the latest grandma who is overjoyed.

Shortly after that, Ikram went out to get me and her snacks and soft drinks because we also haven't eaten anything since she gave birth.

" He is asleep," I say to Amanda.

" Yes, can you help me lay him in his cot?"

" Sure".

She gently remove her nipple from his mouth and I smiled at the way he sucks his lower lips as if the breast was still in his mouth. I carried him gently and quietly laid him back in his cot while Amanda put her breast back in.

" Cutie Z," I say and kiss his forehead before sitting down beside Amanda.

" I need to tell ......" We both say at the same time.

" Go first " I urge her.

She holds my hands looking into my eyes. " Imen, I am scared," She says as tears glittens in her eyes making me scared.

TBC..............................................................

Kindly Drop Your Thought On This Episode Or Type Am Following.