50: Never Alone

"Oiii stop pinching me!"

"If you aren't knocking we are."

Jin Ling frowned and raised his fist. An inch away from the door, he turned his head around. "What if he's asleep? He's just recovered I really don't want to trou-"

Bonk-bang!

Having knocked on the door, Jin Chan and Jiang Liwei leapt behind a bush in the garden, leaving Jin Ling standing out the door.

"Who is it?" A gentle voice called from within the house.

Jin Ling gasped and looked to his right, flailing his hands. Liwei slapped a mouth over Jin Chan and signalled to Jin Ling to repeat what he mouthed.

Jin Ling blinked, wondering what the heck his mouthing meant, but turned his head around and shouted "When, where!" anyway. 

The person inside seemed as shell-shocked as Jin Ling — what on earth, was that a name?

"... When, where? Who?"

Ping! The light lit up in Jin Ling's head. He turned to confirm and Liwei, seeing the twinkle in the brown eyes, knew Jin Ling understood. He winked, gave a thumbs-up, and disappeared out of the garden to go see Jingyi.

Jin Ling bit his lip. "T- tonight. Your...... place. Us."

The door slid open with a tinkling laugh. "A-Ling, terrible attempt at a pickup line. Terrible!" Lan Sizhui clutched his waist and laughed and laughed.

Jin Rulan let himself drown in the bliss of a cheerful Lan Sizhui for a while before pouting. "It's the first I've ever said! Personally, good start."

"Yes, good, but try not stammering so much," Sizhui grinned. "I'll give you a kiss. If you don't like it, you can return it."

"HUH?"

"Haha! See? Like that. No stammering, perfect in every way," Sizhui beamed.

"Did the sun come out this late at night, or did you just smile at me?"

Sizhui blinked a while to let the words sink in, then burst into a crimson beet.

Jin Rulan chuckled. "So that worked."

"Idiot," Sizhui grabbed him by the ponytail and dragged him into the room in the way Wei Wuxian dragged them away from the bunnies, slamming the door shut behind them.

**********

But before ten minutes went by...

BANG! BANG!

"I'll get it," Sizhui grinned, quickly fixed his robes and rushed to the door. Jin Ling had a gut feeling... so he ran to the screen and got dressed properly.

"Hm? Who- Ah, Liwei! Xiyuan? You guys..." Sizhui frowned. Jiang Liwei and Nie Xiyuan were panting and red, gasping for air, hands on their knees. "You didn't have to run we do have swords-"

"Damn right!" Liwei slapped his knee, hissing. "I can't believe we forgot in the excitement-"

Jin Ling had already returned to the door. "Excitement?" One look at the two and he guessed perfectly. "Jin Chan and Lan Hao went, right?" He asked, hastily tying his hair up in the red ribbon.

"Yes, we came to take you guys over."

"Over where?" Sizhui looked between them and Jin Ling.

Rulan grabbed his hand, flung out Suihua and dashed to the Healing Hall.

All Sizhui could process was the incredibly big smile on Jin Ling's flushed face. 

**********