11: Pinky Promise to Forever

Jiang Cheng was going through a letter that had just been sent to him through pigeon post. Hmph, A-Xian should have sent it by owl post, it's freaking TEN at night! Won't even leave me be in the honeymoon, will you, A-Xian? He grumbled internally as he unrolled the scroll.

'To my dear brother,

Apologies for perturbing your... special time... but it's something just a little bit urgent. Two things. One, I just wanted to ask you if Meilien has ever told you anything about sleeping issues, nightmares, and whatnot. She says she has, and she's confided in A-Zhan and myself, but I just want to know that she trusts you just as much. She has, right? Just to confirm.

The second thing, this one isn't problematic, I just need the answer right now. How often does she practise? Sword-fighting, archery, cultivation, all of it? All the spiritual stuff she does back in Lotus Pier with you? Because I'm going crazy! She keeps practising almost all day! From daybreak! Who wakes up that time? Even A-Zhan's gotten used to staying in bed with me and now! Oh my God, she's trying too hard, A-Cheng! And from dawn, all the way till dusk? With only a few minutes' break for lunch! Please don't tell me that's your way? If so, then both you and Little Lien need to take a goddamn break. I need to talk to gege about this, honestly.

And sheesh, does she always hug you to sleep? How do you two manage? Not complaining, because i'm a good Susu, but I need my 'Everyday' back, so you two better get back here soon!

Hope the lube and drinks are helping!

A-Xian.'

"Aish, blasted idiot," Jiang Cheng mumbled.

He jumped when he felt his hair strands being pulled gently.

"Good Lord, it's you! A-Huan, you're as quiet and sneaky as a cat sometimes."

Lan Xichen, velvety white night robe flapping loosely as he knelt behind Jiang Cheng, grinned. "Oh? Definitely not fitting for a puppy-lover then, hm?"

"I'm good with cats too," Jiang Cheng laughed. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Lan Xichen smirked. "Combing your hair. It's an utter mess from sitting near the window for so long. At least braid it."

"Tch, wasn't bothered to."

"Well, you certainly don't mind braiding my hair in the morning," Lan Huan chuckled and tenderly brushed Jiang Cheng's long hair, until it became as soft and fluffy as a Fairy's coat and as sparkling silky as the water in Yunmeng at night. As smooth and silvery as mercury. "Tell me if it hurts," Lan Xichen whispered against his neck, lightly pulling on the hair and crossing the three plucked strands over and over, neatly but loosely plaiting.

Jiang Cheng rolled up the scroll and shut his eyes. He wasn't the sort to admit it, but the light pulls on his hair really did feel great. Blissfully relaxing. Lan Xichen leant over his shoulder and looked up to see how he was doing and beamed when he saw an irrepressible smile teasing the tips of Jiang Cheng's lips. Xichen didn't say a word, knowing his husband to be too haughty to admit such a thing as 'feeling good' so he silently savoured the smile and finished braiding. Grinning to himself, he grabbed a lavender ribbon from nearby and tied up the ends together. "There, done."

"What did you tie?" Jiang Cheng's eyebrows knotted together as he turned his head back to look.

"Looks cute, like Meilien," Xichen snickered.

"Oi!" Jiang Cheng tugged the purple ribbon off. "My hair stays this way, no need to tie. I looked like a girl!" He punched Lan Xichen in his chest.