Chapter One

it's my first story so please be nice <3 thank you
~

It had been a while since Akaza had left his home—the home Muzan had granted him and all the other upper moons. It was a shelter from the sunrays, but it was once again time that he left to blend back into human society. Being a demon comes with many perks; including the ability to change his appearance. Being an upper moon has its benefits as well; for example, the ability to hide his demonic aura (to which he has perfected this to the point of having the capability to hide undetected by many hashiras). Akaza has an inclination to become favorable with many hashiras, giving him the upper hand in most conflicts with them. He has never once disclosed his true integrity to a demon slayer before, and he's never felt remorse for his actions either. It's all a part of his human play—being a demon for so long does break your humanity. Not to consider the amount of men Akaza has killed, consumed, and tortured is way past 500,000 at least; he is no foreigner to death and no longer feels weakness for the deeds he commits.

Akaza lounges around in his free time, surprisingly having become bored of death that so rarely is any seen out on any of his hunts. He still has a creeping improvement in his strength from sparring frequently. Kokushibou is a great sparring partner, having bonded over the numerous years of their meeting. Doumas existence only serviced their friendship. Akaza looks up to him. Kokushibou is a father figure to most of the different upper moons, due to his ability to keep calm in most circumstances and not bare his fangs when frustrated or confronting another demon. Though Kokushibou has no humanity left, he likes to pretend he's a human—a demon slayer to be exact, none of the upper moons even know his eating manners, everyone keeps close attention on him yet there's no evidence he eats humans; Akaza and him are polar oppositions to one another, Akaza being quick to violence and ready to pick a battle with any demon, including those preceding him.

Akaza doesn't bother much for the status and barely acknowledges the fact that Kokushibou (upper one) and Douma (upper two) are more powerful. He will never recognize them as preceding him, just as he will never view the lower ranked upper moons as beneath him, just weaklings that deserve to be squashed.

Akaza peeks into the room that Kokushibou essentially has lingered in. It's a rather spacious room with large columns. As Akaza peeks in, he spots Kokushibou. Giving a quiet wave before disappearing back into the infinite castle, Muzan alerts other upper moons to the leaving of one of them—its just that he feels its more modest to say bye to the one demon who isn't entirely incompetent. Akaza makes it out of the infinity castle somewhat swiftly since Kokushibou is also closest to Nakime. It had just turned nightfall, allowing the pink-haired demon to be outdoors. Akaza yearns for the sunlight, he only retains remnants of it and treasures the beauty it lets off, but there's no use anymore. The sun in his life is gone, he's shrouded by corruption just as his actions have given him consequences.

Akaza doesn't wanna waste time idling around since he only has around ten hours before the less than desirable death from the sun becomes of him. Thank god for inhuman speeds, though they aren't really inhuman if some humans have fared well against him. Although none have succeeded in the attempt on his life, all of his competitors have been water breathers actually; don't get me wrong— Akaza has had a variety of hashira and demon slayers he has killed all with different breathing techniques; it's just that most have been water breathers. I suppose the moon really does attract the ocean. Akaza lets off a soft sigh and continues on his way.

Akaza, not paying attention to the path in front of him, contorts and he runs head first into a tree branch treading too close to the path. Akaza takes the whole branch off the tree as his face gets scrambled and he becomes momentarily blind; his face heals and regains the ability to see once again. He scrunches his face a few times as if trying to regain feeling in his tempered-with muscles. For a short second he had felt sorry for the demon slayers who could keep up with him, imagine their fate if a similar thing happened— such a tragic death for a demon slayer!

Akaza continues his travels, this time much slower. Demons have the uncanny ability to smell; yes, like animals, but animals were the originals— perfection in a sense; and his nose was being filled with the scents of many different humans. There was a village nearby. He had, however, planned on traveling farther, but a thought to stay had yielded any further intentions. When he's there, Akaza's appearance flashes into the form he had the moment he 'woke' up as a demon—his original, if you will. Black-haired and pale, built well with a little curve, he entered the town. If this was what Akaza looked like as a human he wouldn't be disappointed— his fangs even receded slightly so he didn't look too much like a demon. Though his arm tattoos have not disappeared making it rather hard to get a job in human society, his tattoos did however reveal he was a thief in his past human life.

Akaza enters the town illuminated by lights, it seems to be a festival, cute, the people here seemed so happy like nothing could go wrong ever— judging by this behavior there must be a rather strong demon hunter around; these people have yet been able to witness the cruelty a demon can single handedly put them through, however Akaza is only staying for the day so he doesnt care too much to wreak havoc on these poor unsuspecting villagers.

A few kids shove their way past akaza prompting them to glare back at him as if they did nothing wrong and he was the one who shoved them— yet he wasn't there when they had turned around. Instead akaza had made his way into a little inn that he has now planned to use once the sun rises. The innkeeper is an old woman barely able to walk yet she is persistent about her work, she then explains to akaza that her son had died early— so she no longer has anyone to take over her business nor does she have any employees to work for her. Akaza rolls his eyes at the lady's sob story— if it wasn't for the fact she was practically blind and deaf in one ear she for certain would have kicked him out instead though his actions prompt a smile as she hands him the keys he would need to use for his room.

Akaza walks back outside still interested in the festival and what it could even be for. The parade of people was actually for the creation of this small town meaning the demon slayer was most likely here— wherever there is a crowd of humans there's always a hungry demon treading not far behind. Akaza had no intention of killing from this town; it looks too— cute— Akaza questions his word choices since it's rather weird for a demon to say a town is too cute to eat, for that exact reason most of the time they kill entire villages.

Akazas thoughts snap quickly as the smell of blood is smelt, he had been correct there would very much be an attack on this town. Akaza hurries to the scene which is actually in an ally; There is where he spots a bloodied girl, a flame in the dark, and a decomposing demon; He and the demon slayer locks eyes and akaza can immediately tell this guy isn't just an ordinary demon slayer. This man is very much a hashira and he has no intention of hiding it. Reacting on instinct he turns to run since this isn't a battle he was prepared for, the demon hunter has caught him off guard. As his head leaves the direction of the demon slayer there's a short second where he blacks out, he hit him— the demon slayer had the gaul to hit him. Akaza plays it off smoothly for the most part skipping his step slowly recovering like a human before he turns around to face the demon slayer rubbing the back of his neck, " Ow— just who do you think you are hitting?! I'll have you know you demon slayers already have a bad name and you're giving them a worse name! " Akaza teases his words so he doesn't seem super defensive; The demon slayer's eyes widen as he gives the most serious apology Akaza has probably seen before the demon slayer disappears almost as fast as he had shown up. 

~
1636 words