Chapter 4

A whole week had passed since your arrival to Wasteland. Oswald was able to teach you so much during that time. You practiced blocking attacks, dodge rolling, how to efficiently strike your Keyblade for the most damage, and so on. Today, you were trying to learn how to use magic.

You pointed your Keyblade at a training dummy. "Alright. Now, let's start with water magic. Concentrate with all your might. Feel yourself through the Keyblade." Oswald instructed. You did as Oswald instructed, concentrating with your every being. Unfortunately, nothing happened. You groaned as you lowered your Keyblade. I'm never gonna get this. Oswald sighed. "Alright, let's take a break." You slumped yourself against the wall and took a deep breath. Oswald soon joined you.

"So, any luck with your memories yet?" Oswald asked. "No..." You answered. "I'm sure you'll get your memories back. Just give it some time." Oswald said. "But it's been a week already. I should have gotten at least one memory by now. Instead, I'm just left with questions." You said as you traced the scars on your arms. Oswald eyed your scars before looking back at you. He opened his mouth to respond when a bright light shone the area. You both shielded your eyes until the light faded. In front of you two was a shining mirror. "Wait right here." Oswald said as he got up and approached the mirror.

You tried to listen as Oswald was talking to someone through the mirror. However, you couldn't hear anything. It wasn't long before the mirror disappeared. Oswald quickly ran to you. "Who was that?" You asked. "That was Master Yen Sid, and he needs to see us. It's an emergency" Oswald said. You quickly stood up. "What kind of emergency?" You asked. "He didn't say, but it must have been really urgent if Master Yen Sid contacted us." Oswald said. "Alright, but how are we gonna-?" Before you could finish, Oswald grabbed your hand, summoned his own Keyblade, and pointed it to the sky. You weren't able to see his Keyblade as a bright light shone down upon you two.

When the light faded, you were back at Yen Sid's tower. Before you could marvel at what happened, you spotted Yen Sid in front of you. Oswald stood up straight for Yen Sid, and you did the same. "What's the emergency, Master Yen Sid?" Oswald asked. "The worlds are in great danger." Oswald gasped as you just stood there in confusion. What worlds? What does that have to do with us? "The Heartless are disrupting the peace in the worlds and are plunging them into darkness. It appears that someone is sending the Heartless to the worlds, but I cannot pinpoint who they are or where they are stationed. I need you two to travel to these worlds and be rid the Heartless." Yen Sid explained.

What!? You stood there frozen at the situation. "Of course, Master Yen Sid." Oswald said. Yen Sid nodded. "Before you two set out on your journey, some new garments are recommended, Oswald." Yen Sid said. Oswald stared down at his clothes, which was just some blue shorts. "The Three Good Fairies will assist you with your new garments." Yen Sid said as he pointed to the room next to them. "Y/N, I have matters to discuss with you." Yen Sid said. You stayed behind as Oswald entered the neighboring room for his new garments.

"Yes, Master Yen Sid?" You asked. "There are important matters to be discussed before you visit the worlds. Firstly..." Yen Sid waved his hand over his table and a small piece of armor appeared. "This is a Keyblade Armor. Most Keyblade wielders have one." You curiously took the piece of armor and placed it on your shoulder. You noticed a button on the piece you f armor and pressed it. A bright light flashed from it, and once it cleared, you were wearing a full suit of armor. The armor had the same colors as your own outfit. You pressed the button again and returned to normal with another bright flash.

"Secondly, the worlds are under the protection of The World Order. The worlds do not know the existence of other worlds, and must be kept that way. You must not let the existence of other worlds be known, as order must be in check. Understand?" Yen Sid explained. "Yes, but I have a question. It's about this whole situation. Why are you sending me to the worlds? I understand sending King Oswald, but why me? I've only been training for a week, and I've finally gotten used to my stable routine in Wasteland. It's been the only secure thing I've had ever since I woke up here in your tower. Just... why me?" You asked.

"You are ready for this journey, even if you don't believe so yourself. I also believe that this journey may help you reclaim your lost memories." This caught your interest a bit, but you still weren't thrilled about traveling to the other worlds. Before you could say anything else, Oswald returned. "I'm ready to go!" Oswald said. You turned to Oswald to see him wearing a new outfit while holding out his Keyblade.

"You look great, your majesty

"You look great, your majesty." You complemented. "Thank you, Y/N." Oswald thanked. You both resumed your positions in front of Yen Sid. "You are both ready for the journey ahead." Yen Sid said. Outside the window, you could see a blue and yellow geometric spaceship waiting for the two to you outside. "This Gummiship will help you travel to the many different worlds that need your help." Yen Sid said. "We won't let you down, Master Yen Sid. Oh, can you tell Ortensia that I won't be back for a while?" Oswald asked. Yen Sid nodded. "May your heart be your guiding key." Yen Sid said as you both exited the tower.

~•~

You sighed as you were huddled in the corner of the ship. You didn't want to look out the window. You weren't happy about leaving. I was finally getting used to my new life. I was finally getting a normal for myself. Now I have to throw all that away for some worlds. "Lighten up, Y/N." Oswald said. "Sorry, your majesty. I'm just not to thrilled about leaving." You said. "It's not too bad, and we've already known each other for a week. You can call me Oswald." Oswald said. "Oh... well, I'm not too happy about this, Oswald." You said. "It won't be as bad as you make it out to be. Trust me." Oswald said. You didn't say anything as you stared at the wall in front of you. "We're approaching the first world. A little town called Portorosso."