Chapter 3

The light around you faded and you suddenly found yourself on the street of a town. What the...!? How did I end up here!? You looked ahead of you spotted a tall castle at the end of the street. Wait. That's the same castle that was on the map. You stared down at your Keyblade. Did my Keyblade send me here? It might explain that bright light from before. You looked around and spotted some citizens walking around. Some citizens were black and white, others were in color, and some were even flying. You also took note that most of these citizens were either anthropomorphic animals or gremlins. You shook your head. Focus! I need to find this Oswald guy. Maybe these people know where to find him.

You quickly approached an anthropomorphic horse wearing a horse collar and a vest. "Um, hi. I'm looking for someone named Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Do you know here I can find him?" You politely asked. "Of course! You'll find him at Dark Beauty Castle. Just jump through the projector at the end of Mean Street." The horse answered while pointing at the castle at the end of the street. "Oh, thanks, um..." You paused, not knowing his name. "Horace Horsecollar." Horace introduced himself. "Well, thanks again, Horace." You thanked as you made your way to the end of Mean Street.

You stopped at the end of the street and noticed a statue in front of the castle. The statue was a man raising his hand forward. He was also holding hands with a rabbit next to him. The statue gave you a sense of happiness, but you didn't know why. That rabbit must be Oswald. You slowly walked around the statue and faced five projectors. Horace said to jump through the projector, but which projector is it? You looked between the projectors in uncertainty when a gremlin floated towards the projectors.

The gremlin had a red jumper suit, a red flight helmet, a pair of googles on, tiny horns on the top of his head, and a broom mustache. "Excuse me." You said to the gremlin. The gremlin turned to face you. "I'm trying to find Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Do you know which projector takes me to Dark Beauty Castle?" You asked. "Of course. It's this projector here." The gremlin answered as he lead you to the middle projector. "In fact, I'm heading there myself. My name is Gus." Gus said as he stuck out his hand. "I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." You said as you shook his hand. "So, how does this work?" You asked. "Just jump through the projector and make it to the end. Follow me and I'll show you." Gus said as he flew into the projector like a portal. Your eyes widened at the sight. You took a deep breath in before jumping through the projector.

Once you landed on the other side, you saw that you were in a completely different area. You saw a different castle in the distance and some thorns. You soon spotted Gus near you. "Come along." Gus said as he moved forward. You quickly made your way to Gus. "So, Y/N, what brings you to Wasteland?" Gus asked curiously. "Well, Master Yen Sid sent me here to look for Oswald." You answered. "Master Yen Sid sent you here? Why do you need to look for Oswald?" Gus asked. "Master Yen Sid said that Oswald was going to train me since he couldn't." You explained. "Train you? Train you for what?" Gus asked. You held out your hand and your Keyblade appeared. "To train me how to use this properly." You answered. Gus' eyes widened at your Keyblade before looking at you. "A Keyblade wielder! If that's the case, then we must get you to Oswald!" Gus said before grabbing your hand and dragging you to the end of the area.

At the end of the area was another projector. "Quickly now." Gus said as he jumped through the projector. You readied yourself before jumping through the projector yourself. You landed on the other side to find yourself in a throne room. You looked around the throne room, observing the paintings of Oswald and a cat with him. The cat was wearing a pink skirt and a pink hat with a flower attached to it. "It appears Oswald isn't here. We'll have to wait awhile." Gus said. "I guess I can wait for a little bit." You said.

Footsteps were soon heard getting closer to the throne room. You and Gus turned and saw a cat entering the room. It's the same cat from the paintings! "Ortensia! It's good to see you." Gus greeted. "It's good to see you too, Gus." Ortensia said before noticing you. "Hello! I'm Ortensia." Ortensia politely said. "Hi. I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you." You said, smiling. "Ortensia, do you happen to know where Oswald is?" Gus asked. "Well, yeah. I know where he is." Ortensia answered. "Splendid! We really need to see him. It's urgent." Gus said. "Oh. Of course. I'll get him for you two." Ortensia said before leaving the throne room.

"While we're waiting, maybe you could... teach me the basics?" You asked. "Of course I would. At least until Oswald arrives." Gus agreed. You blinked and all of a sudden a chalkboard was next to Gus. How did he get that here so fast!? "Now, what would you like to know?" Gus asked. You thought back to your dream and remembered those creatures that attacked you. "I was actually wondering about... enemies? Enemies that might come after me?" You asked. "Ah, yes. As wielder of the Keyblade, enemies will come after you. However, the most common enemy is the Heartless." Gus answered as a drawing suddenly appeared in the board. You quietly gasped as you recognized the drawing as the creatures from your dream.

"These are called the Heartless. The Heartless are manifestations of the darkness in peoples hearts. They will consume the hearts of others and attack anyone with a Keyblade, such as yourself." Gus explained. "They won't appear here and attack us... will they?" You asked nervously. "Oh, goodness no! This place is protected from the darkness thanks to Master Yen Sid. No Heartless are ever getting here." Gus answered. You sighed in relief. "Well, that's good to know." You said. "The Heartless act on their own accord, but others can command the Heartless if they have darkness in their hearts." Gus continued.

Before you could ask anymore questions, Ortensia returned to the throne room with Oswald. "You needed to see me?" Oswald asked. You quickly made your way to Oswald and bowed down to him. "Your majesty, I was sent here by Master Yen Sid in order for you to train me how to properly use the Keyblade." You said. Oswald motioned you to rise up, which you did. "Did you say the Keyblade?" Oswald asked. You nodded your head as you summoned your Keyblade. "Hmm... Well, Master Yen Sid did send you here. If he sees me as someone to train you, then I'll do it." Oswald said. "You will? Thank you, your majesty." You thanked.

"I'll let you go on ahead. I'll see you back in Ostown, hunny bunny." Ortensia said. Oswald kissed Ortensia goodbye before she jumped through the projector. "I better head off to do my business. Good luck, Y/N." Gus said before leaving the room. "Follow me." Oswald said to you as he walked away. You quickly followed after him. Oswald lead you through different halls and staircases before stopping at a large open area. "Welcome to the training grounds." Oswald said. You took in your surroundings. There was grass everywhere and you could see the sky above you. Oswald brought out a dummy for you. "Now, let's see what you can do."